Pumpkin Spice Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cream, Pumpkin, Spices, Cinnamon, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by VegTea

• “I gave this another try, and I guess I’m just not a fan. The pumpkin flavor is just too odd on the first steep. I’m not sure how to describe it except lemony. I only steeped 3 minutes this time....” Read full tasting note
  • “My parents got this as a free sample, so I nicked it from the cupboard after Sunday dinner. My first impression of this tea is not good. I sniffed the bag and could barely smell any spices. Uh oh....” Read full tasting note
  • “I can’t believe I never reviewed this one. It isn’t my favorite, but it is a passable chai. It’s full-bodied, robust, and has a lot of spicy notes to it. Will definitely do in a pinch.” Read full tasting note
  • “I had this, this morning for work. Mm mm mmmmmmm mm mm! This is definitely a chai. I can taste all the spices! It smelled like a rooibos tho how weird. You can actually taste the pumpkin! Finally!...” Read full tasting note

From Twinings

Pumpkin Spice Twinings Chai tea is an all time seasonal favorite! This fine black tea is a perfect balance of all your favorite holiday spices including pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. This aromatic tea is great with or without milk, Twinings recommends brewing for five minutes or more with equal parts milk and water.

About Twinings View company

I’m trying this a second time. It just tastes like Chai. Chai is my favorite kind of tea. Its a perfect day today: 58 degrees, I’ve got the AC on. I’ve been cleaning for an hour or more. All I have left is the bathroom. I went to the local market to eat a salad for lunch and make flash cards for chapter 5 Spanish. I’m enjoying this weekend, taking time, sipping tea, and no school on Monday. Thank you Veterans. I’m visiting my Grandpa’s grave on Monday. He’s a veteran and died on Veteran’s Day.

I got this in my tea haul at Walt Disney’s Epcot in the Twinings Tea Shoppe in England in the World Showcase. It’s one of my staple autumn/winter teas. Perfect for when the weather is cold and either pumpkins are on your porch or a lit up tree is in you living room (hopefully not at the same time).

My fiance has discovered that the quickest way to turn my bad mood into a good mood in the fall and winter is to put a steaming cup of Chai into my hands (and to be honest, he is right). So, when I got curious over this tea in the store he picked it up with this rationale: it is Chai, you are almost out, and even if you don’t love it you will drink it or give it to your mother.

Once again, he isn’t wrong. Luckily, the spices in this one are strong enough that I don’t have to double bag the tea with half a cup of hot water before adding milk. One bag is normally enough to do the trick.

This morning, I goofed a little on the amount of milk. Let’s be honest, I goofed a lot. The cup was more milk than tea, but it was the best cup of Pumpkin Chai I’ve had with this so far! The extra milk brought out the sweetness and creaminess of the pumpkin while having a nice rounded spice finishing aftertaste. It was delicious and complimented my sausage, egg, and spinach breakfast really nicely.

This does make me wonder if I’ve been making this tea all wrong in the first place though. If that much extra milk brought out extra sweetness and creaminess, then I should just pick up a little bit of cream to see if using less of cream instead of milk will bring about the same sort of deal without cooling down the cup to iced tea levels. Luckily I still have about four bags of this left, so I have time to expirament a little and see.

Flavors: Cream, Pumpkin, Spices

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 OZ / 118 ML
Indigobloom

Your boy is a keeper!

Wow, so disappointing! It smelled FANTASTIC! You could really smell pumpkin and a great chai blend. I checked my expectation levels before sipping and was still disappointed. I tipped it out (a rare occurance). I agree with another reviewer that this tastes a bit of rooibos? Weird.

</3

Water: 8oz

Leaves: Tea Bag

Steep: 6m

Aroma:

Color: Deep orange/brown

Taste: Opening this tea was nothing special, I smelled the bag to see what scent profile I could write but for the dry bag there was nothing. Upon pouring water over the bag i got a slight pumpkin aroma. Another steep for 6m revealed another cloudy brew yet again. The taste was terrible bland like water but also bitter. There was also no spice flavor at all

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Brewed, this smells just like a slice of pumpkin pie. And it has decent flavor, considering that it’s a bagged tea. Not very spicy, but a nice cinnamon/clove flavor and I think I’m even getting a bit of pumpkin.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin

It’s almost Fall !!!!!!

I love pumpkin anything and would eat pumpkin things year round. Last Fall I over did it and bought almost everything with the word pumpkin including the “pumpkin spice” that can trick you into thinking it is pumpkin flavor if you don’t pay attention. This was one of them; I bought 2+ boxes last year before I even called myself a tea drinker. By the time Thanksgiving came I did not want pumpkin pie and still have not.

This cup smells like Fall and makes me happy but the taste is um, I don’t know like hot water and spices. I remember it having more of a pumpkin pie flavor last year; I think I added brown sugar left the tea bag in much longer and added milk last time.

KiwiDelight

Fall is so close I can smell it!

I will start by saying that I usually like Twinings Tea. I mean, how can you not Love Twinings, the Author of 50 Shades seems to, and they have been doing tea for a long time. They definitely have my respect, just not my love, for this tea. I don’t know what it was, I couldn’t put my finger on it, and I drank this 3 different times. There was an after taste that I could not get past. Aroma was ok, but after that, I was not into it. Sorry Twinings, this was a miss for me.

So soothing and uplifting on a cold morning on the last day in camp. Added half & half and organic raw sugar. Decadent!

This is drinkable, but there’s not much else to say about it. Bland, thin, watery pumpkin pie in a cup. The “pumpkin” (highly doubtful that there’s any actual pumpkin flavor here) spices come through, but there’s barely a hint of black tea taste to be found. It’s not horrible, it’s not offensive, it’s not much of anything. Just a steaming cup of “eh.”