English Breakfast

Malt, Herbs, Caramel, Grain, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you ask for...” Read full tasting note
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I’m not getting...” Read full tasting note
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so secret...” Read full tasting note

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

Default option; keeps the shakes at bay

No better way to start the day than with a good strong cup of English Breakfast.

Prepared with loose-leaf tea, of course. Very good in the morning, happiness!

A decent tea, not as strong as I would like my English Breakfast.

I have had this both in K-Cup form and as loose leaf, and while I love both I prefer the loose leaf to the K cup as it gets more flavour. But first thing in the morning I am to lazy to wait for the kettle/don’t want to scoop the leaves out so I use the kcups.

This tea tastes wishy-washy to me, neither flavoursome enough for a morning cuppa nor fragrant enough for the times when you want a light refreshing brew. Takes a long time to brew and still tastes like dish-water at the end of it.

I loved the richness and the flavor of the tea.

This is the tea I grew up on and keep on hand for guests. It is one I find that most people like, it comes bagged so it is convenient, and I can pick it up on sale for $2/box. The price itself insured this is what I drank all though college. It is also the first tea I introduced to my husband when we got married so I could stop buying the cheap Lipton tea that I hate drinking.

This tea feels like making a cup of coffee to me. Very traditional feel and taste to it. If you do not like grainy tea you should pass on this one. Nice tea tin and presentation. It would make a nice gift.

What is good English Breakfast? Someone please tell me.