English Breakfast

Malt, Herbs, Caramel, Grain, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you ask for...” Read full tasting note
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I’m not getting...” Read full tasting note
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so secret...” Read full tasting note

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

this is one of my favorite classics, the perfect tea to have on a lazy morning. Plus it has an amazing odor to go with the taste!

170 °F / 76 °C

For non-loose leaf tea that you can buy just about anywhere, this is definitely my go-to English Breakfast. I always add milk and sugar.

A staple of my tea cupboard, always. I’ve always been a fan of Twinings teas, and this one is no exception – made strong enough to knock over large livestock, it’s seen me through many an early morning.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I bought this tea because I needed to add some “black” teas to my collection. I am also reading Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One and this is Anastasia’s favorite tea. So I figured I needed to try it! I let the tea bag seep for about 3 minutes and I didn’t put any milk or sweetener. The tea tasted OK, but not going to say I’m the biggest fan. I will definitely try it again in hopes of getting a little better result, maybe I won’t let it seep for so long.

Love it.

Perhaps nothing special, but certainly something that is dearly loved. I adore this blend and that it is so versatile in how it can be prepared while remaining pleasurable. Nothing brings a smile to my face more than when I’m traveling and I see Twining’s English Breakfast Blend available, and personally, I order it in bulk.

Slightly less flavourful than the Twinings Irish Breakfast, but much smoother, and just overall enjoyable. Not at all bitter and a nice after-taste.

This is my go to tea and a favorite. Really can’t go wrong if you love black teas.

Twinings’s English Breakfast has been my favourite morning tea for ages. I always drink it with milk only and I think it’s on its best like that. I used to drink it without milk but with sugar instead back in the old days but it wasn’t nearly as good like that. English Breakfast by Twinings is classical, safe and cozy and it always makes me feel better – whether I’ve got to wake up really early or had a bad day.

To be honest, this is probably one of my least favourite teas, and about the only Twinings black tea that I don’t like. Whether it’s teabags or loose tea, whenever I’m given some of this I usually try to palm it off on someone else.

Not sure why, really, I just find it has an unappealing aftertaste. I always drink my tea black with no sugar, so perhaps this one is just better with milk and sugar (in which case, it’s not really the tea for me). I’m always mystified by how popular this tea is!