English Breakfast

Herbs, Caramel, Malt, Grain, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you ask for...” Read full tasting note
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I’m not getting...” Read full tasting note
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so secret...” Read full tasting note

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

My alltime standard tea. Any time of the day with milk.

This blows Bigelow’s English Breakfast out of the water! Enjoyed my first cup of this in the afternoon after sitting outside waiting for Santa with the kids (cold!). I can taste such a distinct difference between this and Bigelow, my usual English Breakfast brand. I want to say it’s more complex? The quality is obvious here in Twinings.

I don’t know if it’s my tastebuds or something else, but this is rather too light for me. Not bland, per se, but really faint. I’ve added near boiling hot water, or just hot water one would normally get from a coffee machine, but it’s sort of weak. Perhaps I’m not preparing it right.

It’s Twinings, you can buy it everywhere and it doesn’t taste bad at all, but isn’t going to set the world on fire.

Twinings manages to blend quality teas for the huddlin’ masses. For this I tip my hat. English Breakfast is my go to for a very wakeful day.

Wonderful at night before bed too!

This is a good breakfast tea. I do believe that there are better quality teas, but in a pinch, this will do. It is better with a little bit of black chai mixed in.

English Breakfast with an English breakfast with American friends. This must be loaded with Keemun. I could taste the tell-tale smoke and spice. Not bad for a bag.

The building block of a standard cup of black tea. Not earth-shattering, but far above the average bagged black tea. It’s worth waking up to, very economic and easy to use.

This tea is pretty basic, kind of bitter, pretty strong, but a good classic tea.