Lady Grey

Black Tea, Citrus, Lemon Peel, Orange Peel
Bergamot, Citrus, Spices, Lemon, Astringent, Drying, Lemon Zest, Orange, Cream, Orange Zest, Honey, Cookie, Grapefruit, Tea, Butter, Creamy, Malt, Earl Grey
Edit tea info Last updated by Gabi

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

This tea was delicious. Mixed with a little milk and sugar. Perfect for relaxing after a long day at work!

Watching Death Note with a cup of Lady Grey with milk and honey.
I guess I like my Grey with less citrusy taste or it does not go well with milk.

Was simply wonderful if you like Earl Grey but want some with less Bergamot bite.
Though I don’t like Earl Grey to begin with so I tried this instead, has a nice Lemony flavor to it, but still tastes a great deal like Earl Grey just lighter.

While living in Japan, this was my daily mid-afternoon tea. This tea and a piece of chocolate was a heavenly break. I only wish I could purchase the loose leaf tea to refill my tin like I was able to back in Japan rather than having to buy a new tin each time.

From the variety pack.

I had weight loss surgery a couple of months ago, which made me appreciate tea so much more since drinking cold beverages is painful now. I had this during Christmas Eve dinner with my family and it was just really nice. I don’t usually like Earl Grey, so I didn’t expect to enjoy this one. I had it with a little sugar and cream and was sad when it was all gone. I didn’t miss the lasagna/fresh bread feast at all (or so I keep telling myself)! Definitely one I’m going to be buying more of!

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Spices

I was very tired and decided to have a cup of tea to wake myself up. This is my first time trying Lady Grey. It’s very similar to Earl Grey but lighter. Very nice and I’m certainly feeling more awake and relaxed :)

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

I came here to kick butt and review tea, and I AM ALL OUT OF BUTT TO KICK.
After a spectacularly productive morning of cat-sitting, dog-walking, and plant-watering, I was ready for a little bit of time with tea and a book.
Am I stereotypical and pretentious? Yes. Yes, I am.
This tea, Lady Grey, is the tea that first made me think “hey, this could be a thing I do. I could become a tea person.
Now that I’ve become a “tea person,” I return to the original.
I find this to be a bit astringent (bitter, mouth-drying) and over-flavored with bergamot and orange. I’ve discovered other things that I like more.
However, this is still a solid basic choice. I’d never turn it down. A part of me will always love it.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Drying, Lemon Zest, Orange

mtchyg

Since I’m currently stalking your reviews, please tell me that was a Dazed and Confused reference to open up a tea review…

Super Starling!

@mtchyg: You bet I did. I just ran a Google of the phrase, and the origin of it was apparently They Live. It’s been used in a variety of contexts, including the Duke Nukem movie. OH YES. THAT EXISTS. There’s also a beautiful scene in the IT Crowd where Moss (the geekiest character) is drinking milk at a bar and says it:

mtchyg

Awesome.

I really like this tea overall. It’s a bit different from Earl Grey in that there is less bergamot flavour and more of a citrous-lemon flavour. This is for me a good thing as I find bergamot flavour in most Earl Grey teas a bit strong

Simply delicious! A great citrusy alternative to my usual morning Earl Grey.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Twinings’ Lady Grey is light, lemony, and very delicate. I’m feeling really under the weather today, so I reached for this simple blend for a bit of comfort. It reminds me of when I first started discovering tea when I was younger. For me, it’s a classic comforting cup.

I guess Twinings created it in the 90’s for Scandinavian nations that felt Earl Grey was far too pungent. It was a hit then, and for me it remains a faithful friend.

Did I mention that it is light..? XD