Lady Grey

Black Tea, Citrus, Lemon Peel, Orange Peel
Bergamot, Citrus, Spices, Lemon, Astringent, Drying, Lemon Zest, Orange, Cream, Orange Zest, Honey, Cookie, Grapefruit, Tea, Butter, Creamy, Malt, Earl Grey
Edit tea info Last updated by Gabi

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

I am a bit of a Twinings girl and enjoy many of their teas. Like the Earl Grey, I like a quick steep with this one. On days where I am feeling in the mood for Earl Grey, but need variety, I reach for this. I rotate the two “Greys” frequently otherwise I’d be sick of one easily.

This is my go-to tea. It’s not the most intricate tea, or the finest quality, but it’s a great every-day cuppa, and it’s loose-leaf counterpart is one of the prettiest I’ve seen. I will say that the loose leaf tin I purchased tasted a bit better than the bags (surprise, I know). However, since I left the rest of my tin with my girlfriend before I left for my tour, I will happily stick to the bags for now.

I don’t like earl grey. But I love lady grey. I think it’s because I personally like only a little bit of bergamot, and it seems this tea offers that. I’m not sure if the cornflowers add anything to the flavor profile, but they are certainly visually appealing.

One of A’s, I haven’t actually bothered with making a cup of my own before. Citrus! I like it. added honey.

Lady Grey is a black tea blend by the prestigious Twining’s of London (they have been around since 1706, I think they earn the prestigious title!) who not only lays claim to this original blend, but also the original Earl Grey. Lady Grey is not just Earl Grey for ladies (as the title would have us believe) it is Early Grey for ladies who really like citrus, made from the usual Black Tea, it also has Lemon peel, Orange Peel, and Citrus Flavourings.

And it certainly smells like citrus, which may or may not be a good thing since usually I am not a fan of the taste of citrus. I always find it too tart! The aroma is mostly orange with hints of lemon, sadly I cannot really smell the tea so I have no idea what kind of Black it is just from the smell, hopefully the taste will give me more of an idea. It also vaguely reminds me of air freshener, but mainly because my mom used a lot of citrus based cleansers when I was growing up, so it is impossible for me to not think of cleaning when I smell oranges, maybe that is why they make me so happy?

The taste is…well…I think I might have just drank cleaning chemicals. There is so much citrus, but it tastes like fake citrus, I think those ‘Citrus Flavourings’ might be more artificial than natural which is a shame. I have had plenty of teas that have had orange or lemon peel in the blend that manage to not taste like this.You know when you walk into a freshly cleaned bathroom and you can taste the chemicals in the air? They taste vaguely citrusy but also really wrong…now imagine that overlaying a fairly bland tea and you get Lady Grey. The tea used for the blend is unimpressive, I am assuming it is a Ceylon since it would match the citrus theme and I cannot taste any of the other tell-tale markers of other Black teas.

Long story short, I do not like this tea…at all…in fact this is the first tea since my Pu-erh migraine incident (tragedy struck that day) that I have disliked. Oh sure there have been teas that didn’t wow me, but none that actually made me wonder if someone stored my tea near perfume. At least this tea was not overwhelmingly tart, which is a good point in its favor, I think. Tssk, I expected better of you, Twining’s!

this tea was gifted to me by a friend. i’ve always preferred the lady to the earl, which i always found too perfumy tasting. i stepped my LG for just four minutes & i think it could have done with a bit more time. the Twinings variety doesn’t have as much flavour as other versions of this tea, but it’s pleasant, calming & quenching. not a bad way to start the day.

I bought this tea because I’m a huge Earl Grey fan and thought I would like to try the “sister” tea. I find this tea to be “meh”. I’ve brewed it a couple times, thinking I would learn to appreciate it, but nope. Still “meh”. Not great, doesn’t totally suck. I would say it’s too light, not enough body, and too heavy on the lemony flavor.

My mom had gotten the Twinings assortment as a gift so when I went over earlier this evening, I was excited to finally try this flavour that I’d read so much about (thanks, Mom!).

I can definitely see the similarities to Earl Grey but this has kind of a lighter citrus flavour

I don’t like bagged tea… but I like lady gray. A more citrusy black tea then Earl Grey

I love this Tea, Not as bitter as earl grey.

Very fragrant and refreshing, but slightly too weak for those who may enjoy a stronger black tea. Not as good with milk as other black teas, but the citrus flavours are wonderful plain, or with honey.