Pure Green Tea

Green Tea
Grass, Herbs, Straw, Astringent, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by Jack

• “It’s free at the office so that’s why I’ve been drinking it… This tea is certainly nothing to write home about, it’s a standard Chinese green tea and nothing I would bother to keep for my personal...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had this when going out tonight because it was either Twinings or Tazo, and I’ve had a lot of bad experience with Tazo bagged teas. Again, nothing special here, just a decent cup of green tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Every Friday night I go over to my friends’ room to watch British drama (currently we’re 4/5 of the way through Parade’s End – SO GOOD). After this finishes I think I’m starting them on Doctor Who...” Read full tasting note
  • “Weather has been such that I’ve been keeping a warm cup in hand constantly, and as a result, caffeinated myself into a fizz over the weekend. Trying to scale it down a bit, and this is a nice,...” Read full tasting note

From Twinings

A soothing and refreshing green tea with a delicate flavour and a light golden colour. Pure and natural. Green teas are made from leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant, the same leaves as tea.

About Twinings View company

Mild grassy taste – no intense flavors. Very clean tasting, yet unexciting.

Again, another light tea, but quite enjoyable. Mixed it with some honey and was a perfect mix to quell my irritated throat!

I don’t dislike green tea, but it’s not my favorite. I can appreciate a good cup when I’m invited or when I receive one as a gift, but I rarely invest myself. However, there are times when I want that clean, distinct grassiness, straight in warm water without no additives.

Today I had something slightly greasy for dinner, and wanted a cup of green tea to cleanse it out. Usually I go for Puerh or Oolong, but I didn’t have any on my cupboard. Instead I tried this complimentary tea bag I just got from my last Twinings order, and it does its job. Steeped for a minute and a half, light and just right for my taste.

Pretty good and refreshing. Be careful not to use boiling water, as the tea will aquire a bitter aftertaste if you do so. This tea really has a plain simple flavor that it is hard for someone to go wrong with it.

Straight forward green tea. Definitely pick up on the grassy notes. Enough flavor that it didn’t require me to add any sweeteners or milk. The brew time was short compared to other teas I drink to get the desired flavor (3 mins for this brew).

I tend to use green teas as a base to other teas I drink, but, tonight, I opted to go for it plain and found it to be pleasing and light on the palate. Nothing amazing, but nothing I would avoid, either.

Flavors: Grass, Herbs

Honestly I have grabbed this sample bag today purely to bring my cupboard down to three pages. I like the look of it when its three pages, not four with one tea dangling all on its own on the last page.
This strikes me as a beginners green tea. Unmemorable, inoffensive, practically unobtrusive. Not destined to make a repeat performance in my cupboard, for all it was easy to drink.
A cheat-y sipdown, but a sipdown all the same, and now my cupboard can be three pages again. Whee!

Very ordinary green tea with no positive nor negative impressions.

Flavors: Grass, Straw

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

This is pretty much a standard in Canada and Great Britain.

It’s a good cup of green tea . They also sell 200 bag boxes, which really makes it a value, if you can find them.

Each one is individually wrapped.

Twinnings probably has the best blenders in the world. They deal with so much tea.

It’s better than the Walmart Brand here, as well.

Next time I get another box, I will update this.

A very simple and plain green tea. I don’t like how astringent it is, but the flavour is quite consistent and the teabags are cheap.

Flavors: Astringent, Green

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Meh.

We have some of this in the house and I drink it when I’m in a rush in the morning. Not horrible, but definitely nothing exciting either. Kinda cardboardy, actually.