Spicy Chai

Edit tea info Last updated by Arby
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 15 oz / 450 ml

From Twinings

Spicy Chai

The warming flavour of the of India. Think cinnamon, cloves and ginger combined with the echoes of familiar tea.

For a warming spice, brew for 3-4 minutes. Add a dash of and sugar for sweetness if you like.

About Twinings View company

This is your typical chai, but with more ginger to give it a nice kick. I like chais with heavy ginger and clove, so I enjoyed this one. Since there was no metallic licorice, I could enjoy the sweetness of the cinnamon more.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices, Tannin

Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 15 OZ / 450 ML

I made up more spiced apple juice yesterday morning, for the walk in to work. It was a cold, snowy day and this was the perfect accompaniment. Not over this yet!

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp

This was spicy, but it felt like it was missing some crucial flavors to make this more appealing, I did not care for whatever black tea was used as the base.

Sipdown (109)!

From the lovely MissB! This wasn’t in the Steepster database so I just whipped up a very quick page for it – maybe I’ll add a picture later? It’s looking pretty sparse though…

I added some milk to mine because what goes better with chai than milk!? I think it might have been too much though ‘cause I had a very hard time picking out any of the notes from the tea itself. Some cinnamon, maybe a bit of ginger? But it mostly faded into the milk I’d added. Not a memorable experience; probably my own fault though so I’m not gonna rate this one…