Alpine Berry Herbal

Herbal Tea
Fruity, Pleasantly Sour
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin

From two leaves and a bud

Herbal Potpourri of Hibiscus, Apple Peel, Rose hips, Blackberry leaves and Orange Peel.

Alpine Berry Herbal Tea is the perfect complement to a day in the wilderness. We looked to create an herbal tea that was rich, complex and full, like our camellia sinensis (black, green and white) teas. We started with blackberry leaves, strawberry, and raspberry flavors and essences to create an herbal, naturally sweet and refreshing medley which can be enjoyed both hot in winter or iced in summer. This is a great beverage for kids and adults alike.

About two leaves and a bud View company

How do I describe this herbal blend? It is hard to put into words, this brew is somewhat sour, but not in a displeasing way. There is something else there too…a slight fruity bitterness that hangs on my tongue after each sip. The color truly is amazing, a rich magenta as others have pointed out, but at the same time there is nothing in this herbal tea that leaves me yearning for more.

I think I will bring it to the office for my coworkers to try, it might go to waste sitting in my pantry.

Flavors: Fruity, Pleasantly Sour

Boiling 8 min or more 24 OZ / 709 ML

This was an okay tea. Not brilliant. Had a good scent but it didn’t carry over to flavor for me. It was very light tasting without a whole ton of flavor. I was glad I only got one as a sample and not a whole box. I’d drink it again but I have lots more tea I like more. Was not overly berry flavored and not a strong tea in general. Hint of mint but not strong. I just wasn’t a fan of this one. Brewed it according to the directions

Method: 1 tea bag in 8 oz at 205 degrees for 3 min.

Impressions: The color was lovely and the aroma was nice, but the tartness of the hibiscus was overpowering. After adding about a tsp. of rock sugar, this was much better. Even with the sugar to soften things, I didn’t taste anything past the hibiscus.

I had this while I was out today, because I’m cold. It wasn’t bad for a hibiscus based herbal. I had it with honey. The blackberry flavours were a nice alternative to the usual herbal offerings (orange, lemon, chamomile…).

It hailed the saddest, teensiest hail on us today. Like little seed beads. But we walked, and went into the forest, and that was nice.

It’s better with a cold brewing than hot, otherwise it’s too tart without a sweetener. It’s not exactly what I had expected upon buying. The mixed berry from Clipper Tea is much better. I haven’t made it in a while because of above reasons.

Still smells funny and I am still drinking it. Not sure why I am still drinking it. Perhaps it is because of the lack of other options in my tea drawer at the moment. On a really nit-picky note, the string on the tea bag is too short and I have a hard time keeping the paper tab from falling into the cup while water is being poured into the cup.