Turmeric Spiced Herbal Tea Tisane

Chai Herbal Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Earth, Floral, Ginger, Lemon, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Citrusy
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Vahdam Advent Calendar – Day 3 Okay, turmeric take 2! This one is very smelly. I suppose I should say aromatic, so it doesn’t sound like a bad thing… XD It looks like there’s lemongrass here,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Adventaggedon Day 3 – Tea 2/6 This tea got a big groan from me this morning because I do not like turmeric, but it ended up being surprisingly okay for a turmeric blend – most likely because the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea has a nice golden-brown colour to it, as well as small bits that have been left from steeping. It has a strong but pleasant taste. There is a noticeable but likeable aftertaste to the tea.” Read full tasting note
  • “OK, folks. I’m going way off my beaten path with this one. I came across Vahdam Teas through Steepster, and I saw good things. Always excited to begin a new exploration, I decided to make them...” Read full tasting note

From Vahdam Teas

The finest combination of Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper, Cardamom Pods & Clove.

Gratify yourself with our sprightly and zesty tisane! Our Turmeric Spice Herbal Tea Tisane is a lively feast in itself that brings together the goodness of sun-dried turmeric with the warm flavors of freshly-ground, aromatic Indian spices like cardamom, cloves, and black pepper. The magnificent citrusy undertones accentuate the warm notes of the spices, resulting in a deeply satisfying cup of tea.

Ingredients: turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, lemongrass, bergamot extracts

About Vahdam Teas View company

2069 tasting notes

Vahdam Advent Calendar – Day 3

Okay, turmeric take 2! This one is very smelly. I suppose I should say aromatic, so it doesn’t sound like a bad thing… XD It looks like there’s lemongrass here, which is interesting.

Wow, this is actually really good. I am so surprised by how much I’m enjoying it! The strongest flavor is the cardamom, but even that isn’t overpowering, it’s lovely and floral with a strong but palatable spiciness. I do get the turmeric earthiness in the background, which goes nicely with the cardamom. There’s a tiny pepper kick at the end of the sip that leaves a pleasant light tingle on my tongue while not burning my throat. I think there’s a bit of cinnamon and ginger here as well, I taste a bit of sweetness and a nice warmth. And I do get a hint of lemony-ness.

So pleased by how much this one surprised me! I could see this being a nice option to keep around if I’m craving a spicy tea that’s mellow enough to drink plain. :3

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIVyyA6gsud/)

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Earth, Floral, Ginger, Lemon, Spices, Spicy, Sweet

Adventaggedon Day 3 – Tea 2/6

This tea got a big groan from me this morning because I do not like turmeric, but it ended up being surprisingly okay for a turmeric blend – most likely because the strongest spice was actually cardamom. I do love cardamom, and I think Vahdam’s cardamom is really enjoyable in particular. That might just be my saving grace this advent season…

The other thing I got with this tea… it reminded me strongly of halva!? I don’t know what ingredient was making my brain make that connection, but it was definitely STUCK in my brain!

Today’s Advent Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIWncwXAAaA/

Flavors: Citrusy, Spicy

OK, folks. I’m going way off my beaten path with this one. I came across Vahdam Teas through Steepster, and I saw good things. Always excited to begin a new exploration, I decided to make them my point person for my journey through Indian teas. I snatched up NEARLY every sampler pack they had (all half price!), and waited for the goods. The only sampler I didn’t get was the one with herbal teas.

When the package arrived, I was happy to see a few extra packs of teas given as free samples. Lo and behold! three were herbal teas, and one was a scented green tea… I guess the good folks at Vahdam figured I still needed to expand my horizons!

So, here we are. I don’t drink scented teas, much less herbal tisanes, but I have to say that I am excited to go on this unexpected journey.

Alright, so diving in… The ingredients are turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, and clove. The flavors are bold and fresh – no artificial flavoring here! The turmeric is fresh and spicy, with a silkiness that is intriguing and pleasant. I was surprised at the creaminess of it – if I didn’t know better, I would swear it had milk in it. This creaminess helps deliver the spices in a restrained and sophisticated way.

The black pepper is fairly bold, but it is balanced, cutting through the heaviness of the turmeric. The cardamom adds a spicy sweetness to balance out the pepperiness, and cloves offer their sweet spiciness to add a complex finish.

That’s really all I can say. If you don’t like any of the ingredients above, you probably want to steer clear. This is an unapologetic spice experience, but it is delivered well, with quality ingredients and careful blending ratios.
Dry herb/spice: turmeric and black pepper are apparent from the outset. Sweetness of cardamom then arrives, with spiciness of cloves at the end.

Smell: creamy and savory. Creaminess helps put turmeric in check, clove and cardamom more easily noticeable.

Taste: turmeric and black pepper are readily apparent. Very creamy and milky body that help to round out edges of the spices. Sweetness of cardamom arrives in the development. Spiciness of clove lingers in aftertaste.

Evol Ving Ness

All the sampler packs! Yay you! A tea shopper after my heart.
Buy all the things.

Evol Ving Ness

This one sounds very good indeed.

apefuzz

At half price, I couldn’t resist! I picked up the black tea, green tea, oolong, and chai tea samplers. Lots of reviews to come… As for this one, I can’t say that it really converted me, but it was certainly a unique experience. The little nuggets of turmeric were intimidating, and the dry herb smell was super strong. But, I was surprised at how relatively smooth the actual flavor was.