Turmeric Spiced Herbal Tea tisane

Herbal Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cloves, Turmeric
Edit tea info Last updated by apefuzz

1 Tasting Note View all

• “OK, folks. I’m going way off my beaten path with this one. I came across Vahdam Teas through Steepster, and I saw good things. Always excited to begin a new exploration, I decided to make them...” Read full tasting note

From Vahdam Teas

Open a packet of this tea to relish the sights and sounds of a true tropical delight – a potpourri of sun dried turmeric bits with freshly grounded spices. This sweet-smelling tisane is not just a delight for those keeping an eye out for health but also for tea enthusiasts. Its light, earthy and spicy flavors are a feast for the senses. Apart from the many benefits it offers, each sip offers a ticket of imagination to the lanes of an Indian Spice Bazaar. You could relish this tea by itself, or with milk. It goes well with Caprese salad, vanilla cake, waffles, scones and macaroons.

About Vahdam Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

OK, folks. I’m going way off my beaten path with this one. I came across Vahdam Teas through Steepster, and I saw good things. Always excited to begin a new exploration, I decided to make them my point person for my journey through Indian teas. I snatched up NEARLY every sampler pack they had (all half price!), and waited for the goods. The only sampler I didn’t get was the one with herbal teas.

When the package arrived, I was happy to see a few extra packs of teas given as free samples. Lo and behold! three were herbal teas, and one was a scented green tea… I guess the good folks at Vahdam figured I still needed to expand my horizons!

So, here we are. I don’t drink scented teas, much less herbal tisanes, but I have to say that I am excited to go on this unexpected journey.

Alright, so diving in… The ingredients are turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, and clove. The flavors are bold and fresh – no artificial flavoring here! The turmeric is fresh and spicy, with a silkiness that is intriguing and pleasant. I was surprised at the creaminess of it – if I didn’t know better, I would swear it had milk in it. This creaminess helps deliver the spices in a restrained and sophisticated way.

The black pepper is fairly bold, but it is balanced, cutting through the heaviness of the turmeric. The cardamom adds a spicy sweetness to balance out the pepperiness, and cloves offer their sweet spiciness to add a complex finish.

That’s really all I can say. If you don’t like any of the ingredients above, you probably want to steer clear. This is an unapologetic spice experience, but it is delivered well, with quality ingredients and careful blending ratios.
Dry herb/spice: turmeric and black pepper are apparent from the outset. Sweetness of cardamom then arrives, with spiciness of cloves at the end.

Smell: creamy and savory. Creaminess helps put turmeric in check, clove and cardamom more easily noticeable.

Taste: turmeric and black pepper are readily apparent. Very creamy and milky body that help to round out edges of the spices. Sweetness of cardamom arrives in the development. Spiciness of clove lingers in aftertaste.

Evol Ving Ness

All the sampler packs! Yay you! A tea shopper after my heart.
Buy all the things.

Evol Ving Ness

This one sounds very good indeed.

apefuzz

At half price, I couldn’t resist! I picked up the black tea, green tea, oolong, and chai tea samplers. Lots of reviews to come… As for this one, I can’t say that it really converted me, but it was certainly a unique experience. The little nuggets of turmeric were intimidating, and the dry herb smell was super strong. But, I was surprised at how relatively smooth the actual flavor was.