Blooming Rose Black Tea

Almond, Cardamon, Earth, Floral, Honey, Malt, Rose, Saffron, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Nuts
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Adventaggedon Day 22 – Tea 3/6 Where was this tea hiding all advent!? This is probably the first tea in the advent that, if I saw it on the website while contemplating an order, I would immediately...” Read full tasting note
  • “Vahdam Advent Calendar – Day 22 Ooh, it’s not a masala chai or a turmeric tisane! I don’t love rose, but the ingredients sound very interesting so I’m excited to try this. The aroma is rose,...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea has a very floral taste, it’s tasty but not as delicious as some of the other teas I’ve tried from the samples I brought from Amazon. I steeped the leaves a second time, although for five...” Read full tasting note
  • “Not entirely bad, but won’t buy again. Tea was sticking in large clumps when I opened package. Creates a cloudy brew somewhere between green and orange in color. Lots of sediment at the bottom of...” Read full tasting note

From Vahdam Teas

A in-house, sprightly mix of flavorful black tea with red rose petals and grounded nuts.

Tasting Notes
A vibrant creation by our in-house blenders which is sure to serenade your senses with a beautiful aroma. A delightful mix of tightly-rolled black tea leaves, bright red rose petals, and grounded nuts. Discover a light-golden liquour with the alluring aroma of fresh red roses. The medley of nuts- pistachios, almonds, and hazelnuts bring in a creamy texture to the delectable liquor. Relish every sip with ease!

Ingredients: black tea, almonds, cardamom, pistachio, rose, saffron

About Vahdam Teas View company

Adventaggedon Day 22 – Tea 3/6

Where was this tea hiding all advent!? This is probably the first tea in the advent that, if I saw it on the website while contemplating an order, I would immediately add to my cart. I fucking love rose teas – and a rose black tea with just a bit of cardamom sounds incredible!

I did like the tea a fair bit – it’s definitely one of my favourites from the advent so far! The rose is nice; distinct but not over the top. Pretty matched with the sweet and slightly citrusy cardamom notes – I expected the rose to be a bit stronger than the cardamom, but I appreciate the balance. The main issue I have is that, while all the flavours are nice, the tea is preeetttyyyy thin. It’s just like there’s no body to the black tea at all, which is shocking because so many of the black teas used in the advent teas so far have been so robust.

I’ll play with this one again though and try and find a way to get it right – it’s a cool enough concept that I think it’s worth the effort.

Advent Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHkg9EA3im/

2068 tasting notes

Vahdam Advent Calendar – Day 22

The aroma is rose, cardamom, and honey, which bodes well! Hmm, I’m not sure I got enough black tea in my scoop, as the base is rather thin. But the flavors are nice! I like the rose with the cardamom, it mellows out the floral note a bit. I do get quite a bit of honey in the taste as well, perhaps from the saffron? I can taste its sweet earthy presence here. As for the nuts, maybe a little bit of almond? But it’s possible I didn’t shake the tin well enough and all of the nut dust is at the bottom…

It has the potential to be very good, but the thinness of the black tea is distracting to me, and it’s like I can taste the water underneath it all. Perhaps more leaf next time?

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJG5NvpANyn/)

Flavors: Almond, Cardamon, Earth, Floral, Honey, Malt, Rose, Saffron, Smooth, Spices, Sweet

Martin Bednář

This seems like first one I would try from Vahdam. And it seems quite festive to me.

Roswell Strange

Glad it wasn’t just me who thought it was thin

Mastress Alita

This one sounds good, base tea aside.

Cameron B.

It definitely has potential! I’ll have to see what overleafing does to it.

tea-sipper

This does sound lovely! Maybe we can get Anne to recreate this with a better base…

This tea has a very floral taste, it’s tasty but not as delicious as some of the other teas I’ve tried from the samples I brought from Amazon. I steeped the leaves a second time, although for five minutes rather than three, the taste was stronger but still likeable.

Flavors: Floral

Not entirely bad, but won’t buy again. Tea was sticking in large clumps when I opened package. Creates a cloudy brew somewhere between green and orange in color. Lots of sediment at the bottom of the pot, which I believe may be powder from the nuts. Tasted better than it looks. Not quite as aromatic as I remember other rose black teas, but has a nice aroma. I was hoping the pistachios would have more of a presence. The pistachios and almonds are there, but mostly they serve to dial back the floral aspects from the rose. The spices are a nice touch and add to the complexity.

I think I’ll finish the rest of this off by making a lot of iced tea.

Flavors: Cardamon, Floral, Nuts, Saffron