Awaken #1

Flowers, Lemongrass, Cardamon, Floral, Mint, Sweet
Medium
Fair Trade, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Dialing down my rating after a few lackluster steeps. I’ve found this tea to be wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it’s floral. Other times I get a blast of cardamom or the lemongrass flavor will...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea blend has an incredibly strong scent. It smells very floral and somewhat sweet. I can also detect the sweet spice from the cardamom that I can see in the bag. Alongside the cardamom...” Read full tasting note

From Verdant Tea

Awaken #1 is the first in our line premium scented teas.

Our partnership with Minneapolis-based Intelligent Nutrients comes from the shared philosophy that what you put in your body should be sourced with integrity and made with care. They grow many of their botanicals on their farm in Osceola, Wisconsin, where they have their own still for making essential oils. Like us, they seek to challenge industry standards to promote a healthier and higher quality lifestyle.

We are excited to work together to offer truly premium scented tea. The finest perfumers and the best tea farmers come together to create something new, thrilling and – of course – wholesome.

Intelligent Nutrients’ Awaken #1 is an uplifting mix of pure, certified organic essential oils of orange, lemon, grapefruit, lavender, lemongrass, tangerine and black pepper. This aromatherapeutic blend is formulated to get you going when the going is rough. We infuse the blend with Master Zhang’s Hand Picked Tieguanyin, grown using traditional chemical-free farming, and accent simply with a touch of cardamom, lemongrass, and chrysanthemum.

Ingredients: Master Zhang’s Autumn Harvest Tieguanyin, Lemongrass, Chrysanthemum, Cardamom, Intelligent Nutrients Awaken #1 Elixir (castor seed, bergamot, orange peel, lemon peel, spearmint, grapefruit peel, lavender, peppermint, pepper seed, tangerine leaf, vitamin E)

Western Brewing
Use 4g of tea ( 1T ) in 6-8oz of fresh-boiled (205°F) filtered or spring water. Steep for 30 seconds in a brew basket or equivalent. Enjoy many infusions. Add about 20 seconds with each steeping, or to taste.

Iced Tea (Cold Brewing)
Use about 4 grams of tea for every 12oz of water. Combine with room temperature water in a covered vessel and refrigerate for 8-12 hours. Enjoy!

Iced Tea (Flash Chilled)
Use 1TB (5 grams) of tea in a 6-8oz vessel. Steep for 30 seconds with filtered boiled water. Fill a martini shaker (or equivalent) with ice, then add brewed tea and shake until well-chilled (usually 10-30 seconds). Pour out through martini-shaker top over fresh ice in a new glass and serve.

About Verdant Tea View company

Dialing down my rating after a few lackluster steeps. I’ve found this tea to be wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it’s floral. Other times I get a blast of cardamom or the lemongrass flavor will dominate. It seems the taste of each brew depends on the pieces of flavoring and how many you them you scoop up.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

This tea blend has an incredibly strong scent. It smells very floral and somewhat sweet. I can also detect the sweet spice from the cardamom that I can see in the bag. Alongside the cardamom pods are whole flowers with yellow centers and white petals, each about as big around as a nickel. There is a mintiness in the aroma as well, perhaps from the lemongrass. The Tieguanyin itself is beautiful. The shades of green vary from that of dried mint to as deep a green as cooked spinach.

The liquid brews itself to a golden yellow in a short 30-second steep and smells primarily of the floral Tieguanyin. The tea liquid has good flavor and seems to be the right strength, but I’m not tasting any of the additions I picked up on in the aroma.

Flavors: Cardamon, Floral, Mint, Sweet