Bai Mu Dan

White Tea
White Tea Leaves
Cinnamon, Clove, Cucumber, Lettuce
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy

From Verdant Tea

Bai Mudan, or White Peony is usually picked after the earliest silver needle pickings and includes a blend of downy silver buds and nearly equally downy young leaves. The suspended down makes the tea particularly thick and rich. The Weng family grows their tea high above Fuding using traditional sustainable farming techniques and careful air-drying to lock in the flavor of the fresh leaf.

About Verdant Tea View company

Tasting this along with other white teas from Verdant and the Weng family. Getting primarily floral notes. I need some education in identifying flavors in white tea,

5 g 150 OZ / 4436 ML

spring 2017
smell: nettle leaf
R1) bitter, sharp, fish
R2) metallic (steeped too long)
R3) mineral

White teas are my favorite so far and I really enjoyed this one. I had this via the gong fu method. Nice vegetal flavor with some spice to it. Very floral both in aroma and flavor. My palate isn’t the strongest, so I didn’t taste everything Verdant’s website mentions (as in the peppercorns or papaya). I’ve had white peonies with more depth than this one, but it still ranks high and I plan to continue buying it in the future.

Note: I didn’t use enough tea in this method, so I will likely update this review in the future.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Cucumber, Lettuce

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 2 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

This one is nice and from my limited experience with white teas, pretty typical. Nose, light, floral, baked yam, water melon, sweet grass. Palate is full and same as nose with a touch of spice.