Autumn Laoshan Roasted Oolong

Oolong Tea
Drying, Earth, Roasted, Smooth, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Chaboshi Philly

1 Tasting Note View all

• “First steep/sip of 20 seconds reminds me of… earthiness. Like, dry leaves and twigs with some grass in there. Not as roasted as I might imagine. It’s not bad, exactly, but a bit different. Maybe it...” Read full tasting note

From Verdant Tea

This tea is the He Family’s answer to the challenge that oolong is only for southern China. Despite Laoshan Village only having fifty years of tea cultivation and oolong being the most technically demanding kind of tea in the world to produce, Mr. He comes through brilliantly. It takes his entire family an entire day to process a single five pound batch of this tea. The careful kneading and rolling brings out a beautiful, pure expression of the minerality of the soil and the water.

About Verdant Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

First steep/sip of 20 seconds reminds me of… earthiness. Like, dry leaves and twigs with some grass in there. Not as roasted as I might imagine. It’s not bad, exactly, but a bit different. Maybe it is a lighter roast and therefore some of the greenness of the oolong is still shining through? It kind of reminds me of some Taiwanese black teas.

It is very smooth and drinkable though. And honestly, though it is different than what I normally like, I am finding it a pretty good offering. There is some drying sensation on the tongue as the session goes along.

Flavors: Drying, Earth, Roasted, Smooth, Wood