Shi Feng Longjing #43

Green Tea
Asparagus, Vegetal, Apple, Floral, Peach, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Ken

• “Dragonwell sample #2 from Verdant. This is a second flush longjing #43 with a stronger vegetal flavor than the first flush. Leaf appearance is similar but not as aromatic. I detected notes of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Back to working on getting through my spring green tea. Up today we have Verdant tea Longjing #43 , this one is interesting because im getting slightly different flavor profiles to what I got in...” Read full tasting note

From Verdant Tea

Dragonwell varietal #43 has been carefully bred and selected in the last fifty years as a new tea perfectly suited to Shi Feng’s terroir. It buds earlier and in colder weather than classic Longjing Qunti varietal and yields yellower plumper buds that make for gorgeous steeping in glassware. While classic Dragonwell is all about rocky mineral texture, the new #43 is a crisp, bright focused experience centered around stronger flavor and aroma and more pronounced sweetness.

About Verdant Tea View company

Dragonwell sample #2 from Verdant.

This is a second flush longjing #43 with a stronger vegetal flavor than the first flush. Leaf appearance is similar but not as aromatic. I detected notes of creamed corn and light vegetable soup in the aroma. When brewed, the leaves produce a liquor that is light golden, almost clear. The taste is vegetal, notes of asparagus and cabbage. I also get a little matcha type chalkiness here and there. The mouthfeel is thick, smooth, and clean. It’s got a stronger toasty flavor as compared to the first flush with a touch of astringency.

This one worked better grandpa steeped than gongfu. It’s a decent dragon well but nothing to write home about.

Flavors: Asparagus, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Back to working on getting through my spring green tea.

Up today we have Verdant tea Longjing #43 , this one is interesting because im getting slightly different flavor profiles to what I got in the dragonfell tea. This one is sweetier, more floral and fruity, but it doesnt have the nutty aroma or flavor that the dragonwell does.

Its even sweeter and less bitter than the dragon well, Im going to have to test this again as I did it in 175 water instead of the 185 , I usually use for Dragonwell, but being the first time Im brewing I played it a little safe.

Brewing for 30 seconds at 175 in 150ml of water. I got a very clear pale liquor that is surprisingly sweet, there is a teeeeenny tiny bit of dryness on it, but its almost not there, I think even a few months ago, I might not have picked it up even.

I recommend this tea, but I dont quite like it as much as their dragonwell tea, which knocked me out of my seat.m

Flavors: Apple, Floral, Peach, Sweet, Vegetal