2018 Autumn Laoshan Green

Green Tea
Cream, Nutty, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Dustrose

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Previously tried this one in a gaiwan and enjoyed but wasn’t overenthusiastic about this one. Might have just been me, though, because I don’t drink a whole lot of green teas and might just not...” Read full tasting note

From Verdant Tea

his harvest is picked in the cool autumn air after resting the plant through summer. The result is crisp, fresh flavor with more savory green bean and cream that Laoshan for which Laoshan is famous. The He family’s signature green tea is fed by mountain spring water, picked by hand, and cultivated sustainably using traditional chemical-free farming techniques including growing rows of soybean between rows of tea to restore nitrates to the soil. The extreme northern climate means cold winters and short growing seasons, but the He Family perseveres, protecting their tea in greenhouses over the winter. The result is a deeply sweet and delicate green tea unlike any other in the world.

About Verdant Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Previously tried this one in a gaiwan and enjoyed but wasn’t overenthusiastic about this one. Might have just been me, though, because I don’t drink a whole lot of green teas and might just not have given it the care it needed. Tried again today grandpa style because I didn’t have a whole lot of time. I liked it better this time, but still didn’t like it enough to acquire more. It is very sweet and creamy, but light. It also has a nice nuttiness to it, though not overwhelming. I’m not getting anything floral as described, but again, maybe it’s me.

Flavors: Cream, Nutty, Vegetal