1777 Tea Party

Black Tea, Pink Corn Flower, White Cornflower Blossoms
Tobacco, Astringent, Fruity, Tannic
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I drank my first cup of this so fast that I didn’t really stop to take notes. I’m about to do a second cup so I will try to pay more attention. I can say that the tea liquid was dark but not too...” Read full tasting note

From Wedgwood

Taste of History Collection

The Taste of History teas tell the story of different decorative styles of teapots as they have changed through the years. The 1777 Tea Party is a light fragrant black tea that perfectly echoes the refined rituals of tea drinking in stylish 18th century English homes and gardens. Delicate pink and white cornflower petals mingle with the neatly twisted leaf of this aromatic tea party blend. Wedgwood is synonymous with tea-drinking. Launching our own blends of high-quality, selected loose-leaf tea allows discerning consumers to experience the enjoyment of a Wedgwood tea-moment at home or at work. We believe that our beautiful china deserves the finest tea.

Type: Black
Origin: Sri Lanka, India
Ingredients: Black Tea, pink and white cornflower petals
Flavor Profile: Delicate, fragrant, aromatic

Brewing Instructions
Warm the pot. Add 1 teaspoon of tea per cup. Brew at 95°C for 3 minutes.

DISCONTINUED

About Wedgwood View company

I drank my first cup of this so fast that I didn’t really stop to take notes. I’m about to do a second cup so I will try to pay more attention. I can say that the tea liquid was dark but not too bold or too sweet. I caught the scent of tobacco from the leaves after steeping. It doesn’t seem as well-rounded as other black teas I’ve had, but it was obviously good since I drank it so quickly. I’ve been drinking a lot of herbals lately so it’s nice to be able to come back to something with some body to it.

Second Steep
8 ounces water + 195 degrees + 7 minutes

The color of the liquid is red and looks just as the first cup did. It isn’t deep-colored but more bright. The taste hasn’t weakened at all with the second cup. The caffeine content certainly hasn’t decreased either. Wow.

Flavors: Tobacco

teatortoise

I find that my Yunnan red tea has a tobacco scent when dry and a sweet-tobacco undertone in taste. The color is a bright red. Do you usually get two steeps from this tea, and have you achieved more?
Have you had a non-flavored tea from Sri Lanka?

Shae

This is my first time to try this particular tea. The second cup was quite flavorful so I’m sure I could have gotten more steeps out of it, but time got away from me and I never got around to making a third cup.

I drink mostly flavored teas so I’m not sure that I’ve tried anything from Sri Lanka aside from this. At least, if I trust the description, I think that’s where this tea is from. I’m not familiar enough with tea yet to be able to distinguish between the different varieties or tea growing regions, but I’ve been wanting to buy several types of black teas so that I can start learning the differences between them. Are there any varieties you would recommend for someone starting out with non-flavored black teas?

teatortoise

Red teas from Yunnan are sweet and more delicate than other red teas. I would recommend one of those, if you’re looking for un-flavored tea that holds it’s own, besides pu-erh. The leaves range from black and brown, to brown and yellow and gold. They are made of buds and leaves.

Shae

Thank you! I will definitely check into the Yunnan teas.