Yeti White Tea

White Tea
White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by m

4 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “From Annie a while ago, thank you so much for this unique tea!  I just plopped a yeti in a mug.  I also dumped the loose leaves from the package, that weren’t attached to the yeti to keep steeping...” Read full tasting note

From Wendigo Tea Co.

Few have seen the Yeti, and even fewer have lived to speak of this truly bizarre beast. Born into Himalayan mountains, this elusive monster is an extremely rare specimen indeed. But legend says that those who steel their nerves and face the terrible Yeti are rewarded with treasures beyond their wildest dreams—if they make it out alive.

I have taken comfort and warmed my soul with a handcrafted Himalayan White Tea. Unlike any tea I’ve ever seen before (and I’ve seen quite a bit of tea!), it is made from long, delicate white buds plucked from tea bushes grown at extreme elevation. These supple leaves are handpicked, rolled, woven, and dried slowly to coax out their exquisitely delicate flavor. On closer inspection, these tea leaves appear…almost…as a strange hairy monster.

Each hand-woven Yeti bundle can be brewed multiple times, and each brew will give a different flavor. The first brew is mild, yet earthy, and each subsequent infusion will reveal an increasingly gratifying flavor bursting with clover honey and subtle notes of citrus. Just throw one Yeti bundle into your cup, refresh with hot water throughout the day, and sip to your heart’s content. You will love to stare into the eyes of the Yeti as you drink this wild yet bashful beast.
Each purchase of Yeti White Tea comes with 15 humongous vacuum sealed hand woven tea beasts. The Yeti can be brewed many consecutive times. See how many delicious cups you can get out of it.

About Wendigo Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

From Annie a while ago, thank you so much for this unique tea!  I just plopped a yeti in a mug.  I also dumped the loose leaves from the package, that weren’t attached to the yeti to keep steeping in the mug while taking the tied-together piece out after a minute.  Not sure if I SHOULD have dumped the broken leaves into the mug, but I don’t like wasting tea!  The yeti in general reminds me of a sea urchin!  The flavor once you remove the uniqueness of the yeti from the cup, is a sweet, light white tea.  Once you sip down the majority of the trichomes (or ahem, the hair of the yeti) in the first steep, the second steep is much smoother, so possibly an initial rinse would also be a good idea.  The second steep was even better!  Even sweeter, even lighter — I don’t think leaving the few loose leaves in the mug made the tea bitter at all… I should have kept going with more steeps, now that I think about it..
Steep #1  // 1 yeti for full mug // 33 minutes after boiling  // 1 minute steep