Japan Obubu Dark Roast Houjicha Green Tea

Green Tea
Caramel, Popcorn, Roast nuts, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by Pan

• “First hojicha? Dropping an initial tasting note as a reference because I’m not sure yet what to make of this tea. I will probably do an update as I move through the pouch. This one is June 2017...” Read full tasting note
  • “Brewed this one more like a Oolong so 195 degrees with shortish steeps in the beginning. The end of this tea is quite sweet and tastes quite like caramel and smoke on the front notes it tastes sort...” Read full tasting note

From What-Cha

Product description not available yet.

About What-Cha View company

This one is June 2017 harvest. Prepared western style with 2tsp, 185F, 8oz, first steep of 1.5m followed by the steep that time forgot. Dry leaf is wonderfully fragrant with sweet, strong roasted grain and a hint of pickle. Light-bodied, nutty, roasted grain, lightly caramel, sour, clean. That pickle scent in the dry leaf really comes forward in the liquor aroma.

I think I like it but time will tell with this one.

Leafhopper

“The steep that time forgot!” I did this with a dan cong yesterday and it wasn’t pretty. :)

Mastress Alita

Oh, I love houjicha! I have a big bag of this stuff that I had sent to me from Japan via Yunomi. I’ve tried their Amber roast before too. My BFF is even more crazy for houjicha than me, he introduced me to it, heh.

Please keep things friendly and .

Brewed this one more like a Oolong so 195 degrees with shortish steeps in the beginning. The end of this tea is quite sweet and tastes quite like caramel and smoke on the front notes it tastes sort of like a roasted genmaicha or something along those lines. Great tea of nice quality but not much my style.

Flavors: Caramel, Popcorn, Roast nuts, Smoke

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

Please keep things friendly and .