Nepal Jun Chiyabari 'Moondrops' Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Butter, Creamy, Floral, Smooth, Vegetal
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy

• “Very nice. The dried leaves smelled of fresh hay. The liquor was light orangish amber with a very light floral aroma. It’s lightly oxidized, tastes like a very creamy Alishan as Daylon said and at...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have my personal computer back! Yay! So short note. I love this tea. It resembles a creamy Alishan with some nuances of the Jun Chiyabari terroir, which surprised me. It’s predominantly creamy,...” Read full tasting note

From What-Cha

An experimental oolong from Nepal’s foremost tea producer, created with a unique mix of Japanese and Taiwanese tea cultivars. It has a wonderfully smooth and creamy taste coupled with gentle floral notes.

The total invoice production was 3.5kg of which I purchased 1kg, making available twenty 25g bags and ten 50g bags.

Harvest: Summer Flush, 2018

- Brew for 3-4 minutes

Packaging: Resealable ziplock bag

About What-Cha View company

Very nice.

The dried leaves smelled of fresh hay. The liquor was light orangish amber with a very light floral aroma. It’s lightly oxidized, tastes like a very creamy Alishan as Daylon said and at times it reminded me of a smooth and creamy TGY without the tartness.

It is a busy day, lots of work and mid-way I fried it (cry) and put boiling water instead and well, it made it bitter >.<. Up until that point, it was lovely. Light florals notes, vegetal, smooth and creamy. Next time, I’ll be more careful.^^

Yixing teapot,
194℉, 130ml, 8g, 10 steeps: rinse, 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 1m, 1m30s, 2m

Flavors: Butter, Creamy, Floral, Smooth, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 4 OZ / 130 ML
derk

Heh, you and me both being too careless with some good Jun Chiyabari teas today.

Kawaii433

lol derk :D

I have my personal computer back! Yay!

So short note. I love this tea. It resembles a creamy Alishan with some nuances of the Jun Chiyabari terroir, which surprised me. It’s predominantly creamy, but green enough to resemble green tea ice cream. I got hints of violet in the florals, and some macademia in its character. It’s my personal favorite of the limited edition teas.