Edit tea info Last updated by Kawaii433
Boiling 16 oz / 473 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “First impressions from the first cup. I usually always do gong-fu but my schedule has drastically changed since having my nephew around. :) I prepared it with 1 heaping tablespoon, 212F, 3 min...” Read full tasting note

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Black Lily is a delightful black tea produced with the "Golden Lily” varietal, which is usually reserved for making oolong. This varietal is known for its smooth creamy texture, and this translates perfectly into this black tea!

The dry leaf aroma is of warm, sweet florals. Wet leaf aroma is similar, but with new bursting dark berry and apple skin notes, followed up with creamy oats and raisin.

First sips bring much of the same as above, with a sweet creamy oat/barley note throughout, a honey-sweet texture, some hints of berries, and a white grape juice thickness. A really unique Taiwanese black tea!

Better photos coming soon!

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

First impressions from the first cup. I usually always do gong-fu but my schedule has drastically changed since having my nephew around. :) I prepared it with 1 heaping tablespoon, 212F, 3 min steep in 16 ozs water. The second cup for 5 min. infusion.

Soft, silky mouthfeel. A very warm, comforting spice that I can not name, not quite cinnamon but cinnamony-like. Oats, apple, berries, spices… It reminded me kind of a cinnamon-oatmeal-apple pie but in liquid form. Cream notes, barley notes, naturally but delicately honey-raisin sweet. Unique and wonderful flavors throughout the two infusions. The second infusion not as delicious as the first as it seemed that the oats/barley notes were more subdued. Am looking forward to a gongfu session with this to see where all these splendid notes come in and come out.

Highly recommended.

Flavors: Apple, Apple Skins, Berries, Cinnamon, Cream, Creamy, Honey, Oats, Raisins, Roasted Barley, Smooth, Spices

Boiling 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML