Brown Sugar, Drying, Honey, Malt, Plum, Roasted, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Daylon R Thomas

1 Tasting Note View all

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Twisting Red Plum is a black tea picked from the Zhejiang province of China. The main notes are malt, honey, and stonefruit, and it has no noticeable bitterness or astringency. The finish is strong and very pleasant, and the aroma is absolutely sublime. Highly recommend this tea, especially if you enjoy Taiwanese black tea, as this reminds me quite a bit of that!

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

Quick intro note.

I got this one before it ran out. I hesitated a little bit because…I have too much black tea, but I know I will drink it. Since the recommendation was a 2, 3, 4 minute length, I minimized the leaf to around 3-4 grams brewing it on the lighter side. It was a little too light, but had definite flavor and mouthfeel. Plums, honey, and light roast melting into brown sugar were more prominent with a nice drying finish. I could see some similarities to Taiwanese blacks in the stonefruit profile, but the nearly floral and fruity dryness reminds me a lot more of a unroasted Lapsang.

It can be a little bit strong for me caffeine wise, but I like it. I’m going to amp up the leaf next time western, and maybe more so gong fu. I have a feeling this is going to have a lot to offer. This session was not as intense as other blacks I’ve had with a decent amount of complexity in aroma and mouthfeel. I will definitely write more on this one in the future.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Drying, Honey, Malt, Plum, Roasted, Sweet