2015 Little Walk

Pu-erh Tea
Apricot, Citrus, Floral, Honey, Mushrooms, Sugarcane, Bitter, Hay, Sweet, Vegetal, Astringent, Cream, Grass, Smooth, Tangy, Green Wood, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by kieblera5

• “This is my first tasting note on steepster – low stakes, since this tea is now sold out at White2Tea, and, in any case, had more than 30 pretty well-considered notes already. I drank through a cake...” Read full tasting note
  • “Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #20 Oh how I’d love to do some walking in the woods. The name of this sheng is lovely and the flavor is lovely too. Full of sweetness! But that is because...” Read full tasting note
  • “As advertised, this is a solid daily drinker at an extremely reasonable price-point. It’s a tea you can brew up mindlessly and not feel guilty about it, while at the same time still find hidden...” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay today up from the Puerh box we have Little Walk. Ive been wanting to try this one for ages, but havent gotten around to placing another order with W2t. But now here it is. I started by giving...” Read full tasting note

From White 2 Tea

Menghai area character that tends towards the sweet and fragrant. Mellow character and an easy daily drinking tea.
The Little Walk is also a friendly introduction tea for new Puer drinkers who afraid of heavy bitterness and astringency, but want to experience raw Puer.

About White 2 Tea View company

This is my first tasting note on steepster – low stakes, since this tea is now sold out at White2Tea, and, in any case, had more than 30 pretty well-considered notes already. I drank through a cake of this very pleasant tea, and, though calling it easy to drink sounds condescending, it is (or, it was). There’s something worth paying attention to there – and some good feeling, in my experience – but you have to push it absurdly hard to get even a hint of bitterness, which means that you can brew it badly (or, say, absent-mindedly; interrupted by, part of, rather than in retreat from, the rest of life – of course, one drinks tea both ways) with good results. Again, in my experience, it tends to fade really quickly around steep 7 or 8 (sometimes earlier) – not necessarily a weakness, since not all tea sessions need to stretch.

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #20
Oh how I’d love to do some walking in the woods. The name of this sheng is lovely and the flavor is lovely too. Full of sweetness! But that is because I keep it tame with the 30 second steeps. Maybe wispy hints of the lightest fruit flavor, like apricot or something similar. A good one!

Please keep things friendly and .

As advertised, this is a solid daily drinker at an extremely reasonable price-point. It’s a tea you can brew up mindlessly and not feel guilty about it, while at the same time still find hidden complexities in a focused solo-session. In the two years since I purchased this cake, the flavors have already evolved quite a bit. I do not remember the saliva-inducing acidity, nor do I remember the leaves’ endurance, which is impressive for $22.00USD. This tea should be a first choice for beginners, and also should not be overlooked by more experienced drinkers…

Read the full review at: https://shenggut.wixsite.com/shenggut/single-post/2017/07/25/White2Tea-Little-Walk-Spring-2015

Flavors: Apricot, Citrus, Floral, Honey, Mushrooms, Sugarcane

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Okay today up from the Puerh box we have Little Walk. Ive been wanting to try this one for ages, but havent gotten around to placing another order with W2t. But now here it is. I started by giving this a quick rinse in a small gaiwan. The liquor was clear and very pale, and this is still a young tea.

First infusion I got a strong aroma of vegetal and grass, with some hay and floral elements as well. Sipping it I got a bit of bitter followed by honey, floral and bitter flavors that mellowed into a nice sweetness at the end.

Second infusion was very similar though the liquor color got a little darker, and a bit sweeter on the end as well. The bitterness seems to be going down a little now and Im getting a bit of a spinach flavor on it.

Third infusion I get hay..and honey.. wow, thats an interesting combination, it doesnt sound good, but it works really well. Its also getting a little tingle on the tongue as well. Very nice.

Im going to steep this out a bunch more times, Im really glad I got to try this tea.

Recommended.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Hay, Honey, Sweet, Vegetal

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 80 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Expanding my knowledge of pu-erh today with a sample of this! Using about 6 g of the dry leaf; it came as pieces broken from a cake, the leaves tightly compacted and smelling sweet. I decided to go with 200 F water and a first rinse of 10 sec. First steep of ~10 sec results in a pale amber liquid. First sips remind me of hay, with a light sweetness to finish. There’s a note I haven’t tasted before, an almost minty coolness. Probably that menthol I’ve seen mentioned in someone’s previous tasting note. I catch some apricot too, in there.

Second steep 15 sec. Shade of the liquid is darker, now, and the chunk is beginning to loosen up. Some of the free leaves are opened already, and prove to be small. The first sips are creamy, a bit grassy, and the apricot note has disappeared. It leaves a pleasant tingle on my tongue

Third steep 20 sec. Liquid is now a richer amber color with a trace of the smell of hay. The flavors are light still, no hints of bitterness. A note of hay, mixed with some cream.

Fourth steep 30 sec. Hoping to get some more flavor, but doesn’t seem to have changed much from the last steep. A tinge of astringency has appeared, though.

Flavors: Astringent, Cream, Grass, Hay, Smooth, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 5 OZ / 147 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Drinking up a sample of this today. The leaves came very tightly packed together, and I had to work to break up my given chunk into a little bit of a smaller piece. The wet leaves smell lightly fruity and tart, and generally quite mellow.

The first steep comes very light in flavor. It feels overall very mellow and comfortable, with a little bit of a high bitterness note. It is fairly sweet tea with low bitterness, making it a comfortable drinker. It doesn’t seem to be particularly strong in any aspect, however, which is maybe to be expected.

Later steeps don’t feel as they change too much. Longer brewing tends to bring out an unsavory bitter note. Overall, very light flavor profile, and in my opinion, somewhat uninteresting. I would prefer a tea such as White2tea’s Milk, Cream, and Alcohol, which although can be a little bit on the side of bitterness, provides a little more interesting of a drinking experience.

Please keep things friendly and .

Nice. Just what I was looking for as a daily drinker to grab when nothing else strikes me.

Please keep things friendly and .

I chose Little Walk to christen my new (first!) tea table, more for the fact that it was already out than really for anything else.

It tastes like a green. It’s grassy, but the grass needs some water it’s looking a little brown, grass. For that though, it’s more astringent than a green and more pungent as well. It’s not a bad tea, but ehh. I don’t remember if I have a full cake floating around or not. I’d drink it up, but I’m not particularly impressed?

Please keep things friendly and .

Even though I own this, I tried a sample from the Puerh TTB+ box to see if an older/different sample was any more mellow. I also switched up my brewing parameters from last time and used lower temperature water with shorter steeps.

Still a lot of bitterness here. And since I’ve tried nice shengs from white2tea this is just kinda meh. I think I’m actually going to toss the remainder of my stash in the “Here’s Hoping” box (yes I currently have two tea boxes).

Please keep things friendly and .

oh yes this can be drunk daily. this is a good value sheng. at first smell of the dry leaf i wasnt sure if id like it.. but the brew is sweet in that raw type of way, slightly grassy with the pure tour de force of sheng which hangs in the mouth after drinking. i see a possible cake in my future. i can be picky with sheng, and although its not like the 2015 bosch i had yesterday, it still hits the spot. i want another pot.

-nycoma