2016 Chocobrick Black Tea

Floral, Smooth, Strawberry, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Laura B

• “The smell of the brick is beautiful. Gives me strong hints of strawberry. Brewed this gongfu style starting at 30 secs and adding 15-30 each steep. 1st & 2nd Steep: These steeps give a smooth...” Read full tasting note
  • “The squares in this brick are pretty big, considering it is a 100g brick and only 9 squares. Chocobrick black was easy to break. The notes are mineral, malt, bittersweet chocolate, sweet, and bit...” Read full tasting note

From White 2 Tea

The 2016 ChocoBar Black Tea is a 100g brick, with a shape that is easily breakable for convenient brewing.
The brick is made of a blend of Yunnan large leaf varietal black tea that was sun dried. It can be aged or brewed immediately. This tea has an airy fragrance, with fruity notes and a smooth texture.

About White 2 Tea View company

1st & 2nd Steep: These steeps give a smooth feel with no astringency at all. The flavors remind me of vanilla and berries.

3rd & 4th Steep: The vanilla becomes toned down a bit and a more floral taste appears. Still super smooth.

5th Steep & beyond: Floral taste gets stronger but the sweetness stays around somewhat. A slight astringency sets in as you get deeper.

This is absolutely one of my favorite teas and I can’t recommend it enough.

Flavors: Floral, Smooth, Strawberry, Vanilla

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 30 sec 6 g 5 OZ / 160 ML
Bluegreen

Was it hard to break? I am going to order this but I do not have all these fancy pu-erh needles and trays so if it is a toughie I would rather pass.

Crator

It was very difficult to break for me. Had to pull out some knives from the kitchen. In my opinion its so good I will be getting some needles and tools.

Bluegreen

OK, thank you, something to think about. Especially since it is priced so reasonably.

Chocobrick black was easy to break. The notes are mineral, malt, bittersweet chocolate, sweet, and bit of a brisk quality to it. I got 9 infusions, with the final ones being quite dry and bitter. Overall, a pretty good daily drinker.

Full review on Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2016-chocobrick-white-black-tea-white2tea/