2019 Dangerfield

Pu-erh Tea
Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo

3 Images

• “I got a coin of this with my W2T order. I noted that it was bitter, astringent, punchy, and had a hint of pear notes. The leaf was very choppy, but I managed to pull a full leaf from the pile. It...” Read full tasting note
  • “Office Gongfu! This tea makes me think of Hachachacha whenever I have it, and I haven’t seen him around in any of my normal tea places for a while so I hope he’s doing ok now… This was a session...” Read full tasting note

From White2Tea

The 2019 Dangerfield was blended with an intention of being a poor man’s Naka. The tea is extremely fragrant and smooth with an astonishing huigan [lingering sweetness]. The complex aroma and sweetness shift from steep to steep. This is a blend that punches far above its weight. An excellent value and a great candidate for both veteran Puer drinkers and people who want to take the plunge into the raw Puer ocean.

Each cake is 200 grams.

About White2Tea View company

I got a coin of this with my W2T order. I noted that it was bitter, astringent, punchy, and had a hint of pear notes. The leaf was very choppy, but I managed to pull a full leaf from the pile. It opened up nicely, for how small the coin was from the start. I got about 8-9 steeps in before moving on to the next session.

Office Gongfu!

This was a session from earlier in the week – I hadn’t had any tea at home in a few days because it’s all packed up in boxes, so I’m thankful to have a solid work stash with a bunch of sheng options that I could pull from. It was a good session, primarily just because it had been a while since I had last had one (moving sucks). The tea itself was good, but not great.

There was astringency throughout, with the level varying from “light” to a more assertive/medium bodied astringency at the peak of the session. I’ve begun to appreciate astringency in my tea a lot more as of late, but there were definitely moments in this session where it was still too much for me. In terms of taste, there was some initial bitterness as well as finishing bitterness (followed by sweetness in the back of the throat) but the body of the sips were actually a little more green and fruity – sort of a tropical fruit taste. You know how some tropical fruits can get a little armpit smelling? I feel like the way these tropical fruit notes were coming across was just right on the border of being that armpit/BO tropical fruit. A bit of a longer steep time with each infusion and we may have crossed into that territory…

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8edwB9g3fF/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7aBS2YmnpU

mrmopar

I am steeping on a coin sized one of these myself.

Shanie O Maniac

I hate when the tropical fruits wind up at armpit. I’ve had some of those before. Ewww.