Chelsea Garden Blend

White Tea
Floral, Flowers, Fruity, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “I just finished a KICK ASS Power Bar I blogged about it here http://blissfulyogajourney.blogspot.com/2013/07/yawp-cafe-mocha.html Anyhow… I just opened a medium-HUGE bag of this stuff and will be...” Read full tasting note
  • “Four sisters come for music lessons on Thursday afternoons, and last week they invited me to their home after lessons to celebrate my birthday with a tea time! One of the girls had purchased this...” Read full tasting note
  • “I picked up this tea at Home Goods—and many other Whittard that have been all good so far. This is a very light, girly tea! the leaves aren’t rolled or pressed, just loose large light pieces that...” Read full tasting note
  • “I only steeped this for 30 seconds, I could not believe how dark gold the tea got in such a short amount of time – and holy crapnuggets, the flavour! I don’t like floral teas – I especially don’t...” Read full tasting note

From Whittard of Chelsea

An exclusive Whittard blend. This beautiful tea is a blend of white tea, rose buds and rose flavoring. A fragrant and delicate blend reminiscent of a floral summer garden, an indulgent experience.

Packed in an environment where nuts are handled.

White tea, rose buds, flavouring

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

I just finished a KICK ASS Power Bar
I blogged about it here

Anyhow…
I just opened a medium-HUGE bag of this stuff and will be sending a slew of it to my Sororitea Sisters

It smells like a floral white tea with wine-like aroma underneath. The color once infused is that of a pale-yellow on the verge of a faint khaki color.

This is sweet but floral. Extremely fresh, clean, and thirst-quenching! A True Gem!

Good both hot and cold. It seems sweeter iced, tho!

Four sisters come for music lessons on Thursday afternoons, and last week they invited me to their home after lessons to celebrate my birthday with a tea time! One of the girls had purchased this tea at Home Goods and served it, and I couldn’t wait to try it because she has been telling me about it for a few weeks now. I love my students!

It is so rosy! Not icky bubble bath rosy. Just delicious and girly and foofy and sweet. I was really surprised that when it was resteeped, it was still significantly flavorful. It was in no way a letdown after the first delicious pot.

Lovely tea, lovely tin, great value because of how well it resteeps. We didn’t go for a third steep, but I would love to know if it holds up for that. And I drank it in such lovely company, so how could I not have good memories of this tea?

I picked up this tea at Home Goods—and many other Whittard that have been all good so far. This is a very light, girly tea! the leaves aren’t rolled or pressed, just loose large light pieces that float around the pretty flowered tin. I paid attention to the lower temp, and it made a great cup-no bitterness. A beautiful floral and fruit combo—I imagine would be great iced also. I only used a touch of honey. Was such a treat as I watched Olympic ice skating!

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Fruity, Rose

I only steeped this for 30 seconds, I could not believe how dark gold the tea got in such a short amount of time – and holy crapnuggets, the flavour! I don’t like floral teas – I especially don’t like rose teas. Most of the time it’s like drinking shampoo. BUT NOT THIS ONE. Which was my point. Really strong flavour, but really nice.

Christina / BooksandTea

Which samples from Whittards of Chelsea did you and aisling get? My sister-in-law is heading to the UK soon, and I want to ask her to bring some tea back for me.

I should really keep a tea timer besides me when I am going to write these posts because most of my steep times are close guesses. I know for sure that this one was just at or under 2 mins though. It is lighter in color so it’s a bit deceiving.

My mother-in-law bought this back from Europe for me and I must saw it is superb! The moment I opened the bag and the aroma spilled out I knew I was going to fall in love with it. I’m tempted to add some honey to see what it would do but at the same time, it’s so good on it’s own that I don’t really want to…. I don’t think I will.

Good hot and cold. I’m on my own little cloud right now.