Original Coffee Leaf Tea

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by MaxR

1 Tasting Note View all

From Wize Monkey

We went to Nicaragua and started making batches by hand for days on end. After hundreds of trials and playing with different species of leaf and the plethora of processing parameters, we came home with this fantastic and revolutionary Coffee Leaf Tea.

Our Original Coffee Leaf Tea is smooth, lightly sweet, and offers more to the palette than everyone expects. With earthy complexities and a creamy texture, this tea is like nothing you’ve ever tried – we guarantee it. Don’t forget to steep this tea up to 3 times for an evolution of floral notes throughout the steeps.

- Single-estate biodynamic farm in Matagalpa, Nicaragua
- Hand-picked, hand-rolled, and processed on-site at the farm
- Less caffeine than green tea but higher in antioxidants
- Fully powered by on-site hydroelectric turbine to be as sustainable as possible
- Revolutionizes the coffee industry by employing farmers year-round
- Helps mitigate seasonal hunger and keep children in school during the year

SEE THE FARM AND THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE PRODUCT:

About Wize Monkey View company

1 Tasting Note

Gong Fu!

Had a cool opportunity to meet the Wize Monkey team last week, and so of course the same evening I found myself craving some of their teas – the influence of having them on the mind throughout the whole afternoon.

THis was nice – it’s similar to a green tea, but not identical. There are just more notes present in the coffee leaf that I enjoy than in a typical green tea – it’s a little bit nutty, a little bit roasty and has some nice overall sweetness. It creates an overall welcoming and approachable profile, which is only helped by the fact that it’s next to impossible to steep this poorly – at least in my experience. Good life in the leaves; this was a 10+ infusion session. I’m happy that I felt inspired to brew this one up Gong Fu!

Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCFpguFsCH/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFZkonVPCbk&list=LL1M1wDjmJD4SJr_CwzXAGuQ&index=31&t=0s