Minty Marvel Coffee Leaf Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From Wize Monkey

REVIEW: OolongOwl.com
-—————————
“The pairing of Coffee Leaf Tea and mint is a good one. Upfront is the taste of sweet mint, it reminds me of a wint-o-green kind of mint flavor. The creamy light grassy base goes well with the mint flavor producing a cool and relaxing sip.”
-—————————

We went to Nicaragua and started making batches by hand for days on end. After hundreds of trials and playing with different species of leaf and the plethora of processing parameters, we came home with this fantastic and revolutionary Coffee Leaf Tea.

Don’t forget to steep this tea up to 3 times for an evolution of floral notes throughout the steeps.

SOURCING DETAILS
——————
- Single-estate biodynamic farm in Matagalpa, Nicaragua
- Hand-picked, hand-rolled, and processed on-site at the farm
- Less caffeine than green tea but higher in antioxidants
- Fully powered by on-site hydroelectric turbine to be as sustainable as possible
- Revolutionizes the coffee industry by employing farmers year-round
- Helps mitigate seasonal hunger and keep children in school during the year

SEE THE FARM AND THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE PRODUCT:

About Wize Monkey View company

Not bad at all!! I’m surprised. The mint is VERY subtle. More of a refreshing aftertaste than an actual flavour. But it works really well with the base. In fact, I may pick up more next year. (I say that about a lot of teas, so take that for what you wish!)
The base isn’t one I hate or love so the fact that this blend goes down so smoothly is a surprise. Easy drinking to be sure!

So, I placed a Wize Monkey order on Friday among many BF orders. They’re a company that I’ve seen off and on here on Steepster for the last few years and always been a little curious about and I was able to stack a Sipsby discount on top of their BF discount so it was a really good time for me to order…

What’s really impressive to me is that my order shipped out on Saturday and it arrived yesterday! That is some mighty impressive shipping times – especially for a company that’s not based in Canada like I am. Like, holy smokes!

Anyway, I cracked open one of the two boxes I got tonight and my mom and I each tried out one of the sachets. I did a little research on what coffee leaf is supposed to taste like before hand – I guess it’s a little green tea like in flavour? I mean, I don’t love green tea but Moroccan Mint (mint and green tea) is one of the more palatable greens out there in my opinion and so I thought that if this was anything like that then it would be fine! The aroma of the dry leaf was certainly minty – very pleasant smelling, and a little sweet.

Steeped up? I don’t know that green tea is actually the thing that this reminds me of. In fact, it’s much more like guayusa in my opinion or even a very softly roasted yerba mate! That’s definitely more pleasant than green tea, in my opinion. It’s actually not super minty though; like the aroma was a lot more minty than the brewed cup is. Still, it’s smooth and just sweet enough. I definitely enjoy it – which makes it all the more easy to support this company and what they’re trying to do for the environment and create job opportunities!

Scheherazade

I think I’ve only tried one coffee leaf tea (another Wize Monkey – Mango Party), but I thought guayusa, too. It made me miss Butiki.

Roswell Strange

Ooh, I bought the Mango Party! Now I’m just even more excited to try it!

tperez

Interesting, I had wondered what coffee leaf tea would taste like. I may have to try some! Does it have caffeine?

Roswell Strange

It is caffeinated; according to the two boxes I got, though, one cup has less caffeine than the average green tea.