2011 Yunnan Sourcing Cha Qi Raw Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MzPriss

• “I have had this sample for awhile and must have had it ( the pkg was open) but had left no review. So today brewed it up. Started drinking on 4th infusion. I found this one fruity, not much...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

We are pleased to present a wonderfully unique and enjoyable tea cake we call "Cha Qi". It’s a blend of three Bu Lang villages with tea from both spring and autumn 2011 harvests. The tea itself is made from high quality wild arbor (abandoned plantation) and ancient arbor tea leaves. Interestingly these teas before being blended together were fairly bitter, but once brought together the bitterness is less intense. The aroma is subtle but thick and stubborn, the mouth feel is pungent and lubricating, and the Cha Qi is quite strong, but without being overwhelming. You may feel quite tea drunk after drinking several brews of this tea.

This has been blended, pressed by stone and wrapped in hand-made Dai minority paper.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

So today brewed it up. Started drinking on 4th infusion. I found this one fruity, not much bitterness – light. The fruity flavor does have some of the apricot I get in most shengs but this one being lighter . I brewed at 190 which might explain why I don’t have much bitterness in it. I detect a faint bitterness at the bottom of my cup but it’s mostly fairly smooth and light.

Steep 5 was even better. More honey notes coming out, a bit more rounded. There was a faint peppery note that wasn’t there before.

It’s good I pulled out this tea today. It is reminding me that I have still plenty of teas that are so good to enjoy. I found myself on the Crimson Lotus website this morning about to place an order for some of their shengs (and wanting a yixing teapot too!). I never seem to stop wanting new teas no matter how many good ones I have!