2007 Lincang "Grade 1" Loose Ripe Puerh Tea

Bamboo, Earth, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a fairly tasty loose ripe. It has a fair amount of fermentation flavor left but no fishy flavors. There is a slight note of bamboo and a sweet note. I only brewed this western style so I am...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Product description not available yet.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

This is a fairly tasty loose ripe. It has a fair amount of fermentation flavor left but no fishy flavors. There is a slight note of bamboo and a sweet note. I only brewed this western style so I am not getting the full gamut of flavors but it is good.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 15 sec.

Flavors: Bamboo, Earth, Sweet

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
tea123

Did you have high expectations with this being “grade 1”? Did they meet your expectations?

jschergen

Grade 1 is just the size of the leaf grade, not a quality measurement.

AllanK

It was good overall but jschergen is right grade refers to leaf size. I think the quality was good though perhaps not spectacular.

tea123

Point taken. I guess I was thinking that grade 1 leaves are generally made into high quality ripe pu-erh. See this from Dragon Tea House: ‘Grades 1-4 are often put into high quality tea cake’ – http://www.dragonteahouse.biz/1st-grade-menghai-loose-pu-erh-tea-100g-3-5oz-ripe/
This video also gives information on ripe pu-erh grades: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjc78lW0qZc#t=4m08s

AllanK

I have bought some of the loose tea from Dragon Tea House. It has been pretty good. Not sure if I bought Grade 1 though.

AllanK

That video was interesting.