ZHENG SHAN XIAO ZHONG BLACK TEA CURED IN KING ORANGE

Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Honey, Orange, Orange Zest, Sweet, Floral, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Crator

3 Images

• “Additional note: Sipdown. Enjoyed these little oranges. I put the whole orange in and poured boiling water, no timing, no fuss, can not oversteep it. Does not get bitter, just a pleasant citrus...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a super sweet tea. Almost like liquid honey. However its super smooth. Lots of floral hints in the mix underneath it all. Sadly not a lot to say about it. Its a big time citrus taste and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another one from this morning. I quite like these little oranges as long as you don’t get too much peel in the brew. a couple pieces is enough to bring out the orange flavour and make it a nice...” Read full tasting note
  • “I saw this a little while back on the new products list and was super curious of what it would taste like. It’s a good tea. I used the whole orange—broken into a few pieces. It has a mild sweet...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

This is a lovely and special tea. Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong Black tea from Fujian has been stuffed into a fresh King Orange and then cured together. The black tea has obsorbed alot of the citrus taste and it’s both tasty and subtle. I prefer to break in half and brew the black tea and the orange all together. If you prefer less citrus taste you can remove the tea from the dried rind and brew separately.

King Orange is a small green orange which originates from Vietnam but is now grown in Southern Yunnan. It is known in Vietnam as Cam sành. It is tasty to eat by itself and although rather small and green it’s sweet and pungent.

Each little “King Orange” is roughly 10.5 grams (+/- 1 gram) and comes individually wrapped in hypo-allergenic paper.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Additional note:
Sipdown. Enjoyed these little oranges. I put the whole orange in and poured boiling water, no timing, no fuss, can not oversteep it. Does not get bitter, just a pleasant citrus flavor, lasts all day. Recommended to those who don’t drink pu-erh tea but want to try orange stuffed with black tea instead.

Oh and my laptop died. No warning, no bluescreen. Just gone. The HDD is still good so I took that out and the ram card so all is not lost. The motherboard was fried. Sooo, I ordered a new gaming laptop,.. An expense I wasn’t looking forward to. Bah. :)

Have a great & productive day all.

Kittenna

Interesting! Sounds like a tea I should consider if I make a YS order.

This is a super sweet tea. Almost like liquid honey. However its super smooth. Lots of floral hints in the mix underneath it all. Sadly not a lot to say about it. Its a big time citrus taste and sweet.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Orange, Smooth

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 11 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

Another one from this morning. I quite like these little oranges as long as you don’t get too much peel in the brew. a couple pieces is enough to bring out the orange flavour and make it a nice cup, that’s a little different.

It’s a good tea. I used the whole orange—broken into a few pieces. It has a mild sweet citrus flavor to it. I wish that it were stronger, but I’m glad to try it.

AllanK

I have this, have yet to try it.