2016 Hai Lang Hao "Lao Man'e Old Arbor Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake (duplicate)

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo

2 Images

• “Interesting tea! Described as a “bitter-fest” on yunnansourcing, I don’t say they are wrong. Bitter indeed, the same bitter compound that I taste in grapefruit. The tea is not fruity or citrus in...” Read full tasting note
  • “.one does not drink this for taste, The first thing to know .mind in the sky, That’s where you find the drinker .feelings of the face, Known things start to disappear .I’m not high, I promise...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Spring 2016 harvested tea leaves that are 100% sourced from Lao Man’E Village (Bu Lang Mountains) tea from older tea trees. Hai Lang has long been active in Lao Man’E, Lao Ban Zhang and other Bu Lang villages. In 2008 he produced a Lao Ban Zhang and Lao Man’e blend called Lao Ban’e that has since become a classic in China and abroad.

Being pure Lao Man’e this tea is a bitter-fest. Not only is there strong bitterness, there is a strong aroma and very strong cha qi. The tea leaves are burly, and thick and go many many infusions before losing their flavor.

If you are looking to understand what pure Lao Man’e tea from older trees can be, then this is something worth trying. If you are looking for something to age for the long term as an alternative or complement to Lao Ban Zhang, then Lao Man’e is the natural choice!

Spring 2016 Harvest
400 grams per cake
Lao Man’e Village, Bu Lang Mountains in Menghai County of Xishuangbanna

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Interesting tea! Described as a “bitter-fest” on yunnansourcing, I don’t say they are wrong. Bitter indeed, the same bitter compound that I taste in grapefruit. The tea is not fruity or citrus in any way, just had the same bitter chemical. Light steepings are required to keep this palatable. I let one go too long and it was intense. I have labeled up my package with a note to myself to let this one age a very long time.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 90 ML
mrmopar

Tis a burly one for sure.

.one does not drink this for taste, The first thing to know
.mind in the sky, That’s where you find the drinker
.feelings of the face, Known things start to disappear
.I’m not high, I promise you

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Yunnan Sourcing said this was a bitterfest of a tea and that’s absolutely correct. It was hard to sip through it, but it made Christmas Day very ‘light’