Wu Liang Hong Mao Feng Yunnan Black Tea * Spring 2017

Black Tea Leaves
Chocolate, Floral, Malt, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy
200 °F / 93 °C 5 g 4 oz / 120 ml

4 Images

• “What a pretty tea! There are lots of golden buds, usually in sets with one or two leaves. When placed in a teapot, they smell like chocolate, malt, and, true to reviews from previous years,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Oh… the smell of the freshly opened bag is heavenly. Been awhile since I’ve had a tea like this. Fruity, lightly floral with a lingering taste of fermentation. A truly excellent tea. I gulped it...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

This is one of those rare black teas where tea leaves and expert processing come together to create something unique and enjoyable. High altitude mao feng varietal grown in the Wu Liang mountains of Simao is briefly fermented by special technique and then finally processed into black tea. The taste and aroma is distinctly floral and fruit throughout!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

What a pretty tea! There are lots of golden buds, usually in sets with one or two leaves. When placed in a teapot, they smell like chocolate, malt, and, true to reviews from previous years, tomatoes.

The first couple short steeps bring out all the notes above, combined with mild florals. The chocolate is less prominent than one might expect, and the malt is more so. The chocolate pretty much disappears by the fourth 20-second steep, as the tea transforms into a typical Assam profile. (I checked on Yunnan Sourcing’s website and it doesn’t look like this is really an Assam, so maybe it’s just a Dian Hong thing?) I don’t get any fruit flavours at all. The tea thins out by the tenth steep, though I got two more out of it before I gave up.

I might buy this again, but there are other teas that appeal to me more.

Flavors: Chocolate, Floral, Malt, Smooth

200 °F / 93 °C 5 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Oh… the smell of the freshly opened bag is heavenly. Been awhile since I’ve had a tea like this. Fruity, lightly floral with a lingering taste of fermentation. A truly excellent tea. I gulped it like there was no tomorrow.

Please keep things friendly and .