2017 Yunnan Sourcing "Da Qing Gu Shu" Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake

Edit tea info Last updated by Togo
Iced 8 min or more 68 oz / 2000 ml

5 Images

From Yunnan Sourcing

Da Qing Gu Shu (Da Qing Old Tree) is my favorite tea from Spring 2017. It’s made from old tree tea leaves picked from the first flush of Spring. Da Qing village is located in Jinggu county and is a remote village with unadulterated tea trees growing in the nearby hillsides. The leaves for this production are from one family whose trees are the oldest in the area. The age of the trees between 100-300 years old.

The tea is perfectly balanced and is very stable through many infusions. Bitterness, astingency, sweet, spicy and floral all at once with long lasting taste and feeling in the mouth, throat and body long after drinking it.

Very limited quantity one family production!
400 grams per cake (7 cakes per bamboo leaf tong)
50kg in total produced

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I was very unhappy with this tea and originally just gave it a score of 38. Sorry, I don’t recall the reasons why. I have just upped my score to 55 as it is not bad used as a cold water infusion.

Iced 8 min or more 5 tsp 68 OZ / 2000 ML

‘The tea is perfectly balanced and is very stable through many infusions. Bitterness, astringency, sweet, spicy and floral all at once with long lasting taste and feeling in the mouth, throat and body long after drinking it.’

Couldnt have put it any better. Oh, it’s bitterness is very elegant, and the fruit is quite a good one too. everything is melded together in a really nice way.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Fruity, Sweet

tanluwils

Have you tried previous harvest years of this tea? How would you compare them?

Rasseru

I only had it in the tea club so I cant compare unfortunately. I was actually racking my brains last night trying to think about how i rated it & cant find a review, steepster may have eaten it. Also the autumn version I have no recollection.

You should try it – the balance is so that nothing sticks out as being its flavour, but it still just tastes really good. maybe berries as the fruit but the others I cant tell yet

tanluwils

I have sampled the 2015 spring and purchased one 2016 cake. I found the latter more pungent and concentrated, while the former was more watery. It’s a real value buy. Since the 2016 is superior in this respect from the 2015 pressing, i’m keeping an eye out for reviews. However, I now realize that it might be too soon, as these teas only really settle after 6 months of their pressing.

Rasseru

Thats interesting, because I have been thinking this one must be better than last years because it tastes so good. Although I have no way of proving this because I cant find my review