Charcoal Roasted Gan De Village Tie Guan Yin * Autumn 2017

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Astringent, Chocolate, Cocoa, Fireplace, Roasted nuts, Seaweed, Sugarcane, Wet Rocks, Burnt, Mineral, Sweet, Tannic, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo
Boiling 1 min, 15 sec 6 g 4 oz / 110 ml

5 Images

• “After a year of aging, this tea has fuller body than I remember. Naturally, the roasted notes have taken a step back. Instead, there is more sweetness and a tart, slightly tannic finish. I get a...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Tie Guan Yin from Gan De village in Anxi county was carefully picked and then roasted by hand over pine wood charcoal. The process is repeated many times until the tea has been heavily roasted and becomes almost black in color. The result is a highly aromatic tea that can be infused more than 10 times without losing much flavor. The tea soup is a bright red color and the taste is sweet and full with kind of chocolatey after-finish.

Limited supplies of this rare hand-processed tea!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

After a year of aging, this tea has fuller body than I remember. Naturally, the roasted notes have taken a step back. Instead, there is more sweetness and a tart, slightly tannic finish. I get a cooling as well as a kind of tingling sensation in the mouth after drinking. It has definitely improved since last year. If I liked it more overall, I would stock up on some for a little TGY storage experiment, but I don’t think I will as it stands.

Flavors: Burnt, Mineral, Sweet, Tannic, Tart