Jing Gu Sun-Dried Silver Needles White Pu-erh Tea Cake

Pu-erh White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by elpfen

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is not the most interesting Silver Needle I came across. It will be interesting to track its aging process though. It takes a while to open up, but once it does, the liquor has a medium body...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Made from the first flush of Spring 2017 White Pekoe (Camellia Taliensis) growing in Yang Ta village in Jing Gu county. Just the bud is picked but then instead of processing like white tea it’s sun-dried (like Pu-erh). These extra large buds come from Camellia Taliensis varietal and give a sweet taste and heady pungent fruit and flower aroma!

These little cakes are lightly compressed and will come apart easily with a pu-erh pick. The tea can be aged for several years and will develop honey sweetness with hints of hay over the years.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

This is not the most interesting Silver Needle I came across. It will be interesting to track its aging process though. It takes a while to open up, but once it does, the liquor has a medium body and the taste is quite strong, albeit not too distinctive. The aromas I get are the standard ones – dry grass, forest floor, florals and mushrooms, as well as some fruit in the wet leaf. The taste is quite sweet and citrusy with notes of lemon balm, lemongrass and pine. Astringency is mostly felt in the throat and is quite strong, but not overpowering.

Flavors: Citrus, Dry Grass, Drying, Floral, Forest Floor, Fruity, Lemongrass, Molasses, Mushrooms, Pine, Sour, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 80 ML
jamin

I had the 2017 version of this tea and it aged very well over the year I had it and wish I had bought more or had drank it less often. This and the moonlight mini cake are my go to teas for revitalizing my taste buds if I drank young sheng for too many months in a row. So I suggest drinking this tea early fall after a long summer of raw.