Imperial Gold Needle Yunnan Black Tea * Spring 2018

Black Tea Leaves
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy

From Yunnan Sourcing

Spring 2018 harvest, picked from tea plants growing in Ning’Er county in Simao prefecture. Only the bud shoots were picked. The tea is lightly wilted and processed to keep it’s delicate taste and appearance intact. A kind of chocolate and malt taste comes from the brewed gold-orange tea soup. Aroma is thick and sweet. An enjoyable experience comes from the aroma, flavor and appearance of this lovely tea.

March 2018 harvest

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I believe I have a sample of the Autumn 2019 version from Eelong (correct me if I am wrong), but otherwise, I am in full agreement with the other review I see for this: golden malty madness. Absolutely delicious. First steep made me hold my mouth the way you do when you taste a teaspoon of raw cocoa powder. (What, you don’t do that? I imbibed Nestle’s Quik like that by the tablespoon when I was a kid.)

Second steep brought out a slightly sweeter note. Going for #3 soon!

Nattie

Never cocoa powder, but I have been known to sample Ovaltine by the spoon :’)

derk

Guilty of eating packets of Swiss Miss over here.

ashmanra

Sounds great!

"Youngest"

The cocoa powder visual hurt my feelings but I can’t judge because I ate ramen noodle seasoning straight from the packet last semester.

gmathis

Ooh, all that salt would burn!

"Youngest"

For some students, that burn imparts the spark of life.

Nattie

@"Youngest" – I’ve heard of people eating the raw noodles straight from the packet, but never the seasoning! That’s a new one

"Youngest"

@Nattie – LOL. New lows, for sure! I am always surprising myself.

gmathis

We’ve chased the rabbits way-y-y-y-y-y-y out of the garden here, but I have a buddy who makes a really good Asian salad that has crunched-up dry ramen in it. Tasty!

Nattie

Lol, I think we might have derailed the conversation, sorry! But quite honestly that sounds good, I kind of want to try it! And @"Youngest", you inspired me to lick the empty seasoning packet from my noodles tonight! So much salt!

Ohhhh I fell in love with this tasty malty madness
Great for at least 8 infusions