Yunnan "Silver Strands" Green Tea of Simao * Spring 2019

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kawaii433

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Heya all. ^^ Almost done with this bag so thought I’d share my thoughts. I bought a lot of raw pu’er in my last YS order so I was happy to see that I got this bag of green tea with it. The twisted...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

A very fragrant and pungent green tea of Simao that can be infused many times. Has the robust characteristics of Camellia Sinensis var. Assamica with a potent aftertaste that lingers in the back of the mouth. The leaves have been dried into extremely thin strands that slowly unravel and expand as they are infused. A delicious green tea!

Grown near Wangzi Mountain in Ning’er county of Simao

Varietal: Yin Si 银丝

Late February until early March Harvest

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

Heya all. ^^

Almost done with this bag so thought I’d share my thoughts. I bought a lot of raw pu’er in my last YS order so I was happy to see that I got this bag of green tea with it. The twisted dry leaves are thin, frail-looking… Had the aroma of hay and fresh cut grass. I put 8g in 110ml gaiwan, and after the rinse, the expanded wet leaves smelled so good. Vegetal, buttered asparagus and spinach, hay, sweet grass.

So far I’ve done 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s, 30s infusions but there are many infusions still left based on my past experiences with this tea. The pale liquor has similar aromas to the wet leaves but I also smell steamed artichokes and a slight chestnut aroma.

It is robust as they say and has a nice aftertaste far after you finish the cup. There is a spiciness to it, I can feel it at the tip of my tongue minutes after. I did short infusions throughout because I didn’t want to experience any bitterness nor astringency. I’ve never had this any other way so perhaps on my last 8g, I’ll try it grandpa style or something. Maybe it won’t get bitter. I don’t know.

Recommended to those who like pungent green teas.

Update: Just had it again, the last of it this morning, and it got bitter with a 1-min infusion. I am usually a gaiwan girl so maybe I did something wrong >.<.

Flavors: Artichoke, Asparagus, Butter, Chestnut, Cut grass, Hay, Spices, Spinach, Umami, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 4 OZ / 110 ML