Date drunk: 2023 Jan 19th
- 6g in 140ml Yixing pot [[Gongfu brewing]]
- Dry leaf smells like nothing. Wet leaf smells really sweet of stonefruit like apricots cherries, and a tingling cooling smell.
- Rinsed once. Rinse was flavourful.
- First infusion (90˚C, 0:15)
- Literally the words “Oh my god this is delicious” came out of my mouth when I drank this after it had been cooling on the counter for 1-2 mins (still warm). Mouthfeel and flavour tastes a tad soapy but somehow it still hits all the right notes. Brief sweet-tangy aftertaste. Liquor smells like a spring breeze, a grassy lush meadow with some floral sweetness. Just a hint of grounding woodiness at the end, but no astringency or bitterness.
- Rating: 94
- Second infusion (95˚C, 0:15)
- Spicier than the last. I’m getting something spicy like sage or white pepper. Slight sweetness but more savoury tasting than previous infusion.
- Rating: 84
- Third infusion (94˚C, 0:25)
- Liquor smells sweet and surprisingly nutty. I overbrewed a little – astringency coming out. Woody slight bitterness but it’s quite nice. Tingling spicy (menthol?) flavour is very apparent now.
- Rating: 84
- Fourth infusion (96˚C, 0:25)
- Rating: 82
- Fifth infusion (98˚C, 0:25)
- Rating: 78
Flavors: Apricot, Cherry, Floral, Grass, Nuts, Pepper, Sage, Soap, Spices, Stonefruit, Wood