Kurihara Tea #07: Imperial Sencha Hime Shizuku

Green Tea
Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Babble

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Got this as one of my “almost free” samples for Yunomi. I didn’t read the package clearly and realized it was TWO samples instead one. So I poured the whole packet in there and brewed it as...” Read full tasting note

From Yunomi

NAME: Imperial Sencha Yame Tsuhime
INGREDIENTS: 100% Yamecha green tea leaves from Fukuoka Prefecture in Southern Japan
CULTIVATION NOTES: Machine harvested
PRODUCER: Kippei, Yuji, and Akio Kurihara (Father and sons), Kurihara Seicha Ltd.
LOCATION: 4236 Kita Yabe, Yabe-mura, Yame-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture 834-1401, JAPAN
SIZE / # of FIELDS: About 3 hectares
ALTITUDE: 300 – 700 meters

About Yunomi View company

1 Tasting Note

Got this as one of my “almost free” samples for Yunomi. I didn’t read the package clearly and realized it was TWO samples instead one. So I poured the whole packet in there and brewed it as instructed only to find it was WAAAAY too strong. So I diluted it with hot water and that seemed to do the trick.

Hot, this tea isn’t bad at all. But I decided to let it cool in the fridge to see how that went. And I have to say it’s a very pleasing tea chilled. It’s got a nice blend of vegetal, sweet, and umami. Maybe a little bit on the grassier side but not overwhelmingly so. I think it makes a really nice chilled tea. Even dilluted it is a bit strong, so maybe next time I might steep for 45 seconds instead of the full minute.

140 °F / 60 °C 1 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML