Peppermint

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by KiwiDelight

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Flyawabirdie included in her Christmas gift a whopping 50g rather than a sample. Wow! Thanks so much for introducing this to me. By smelling the dry leaf beforehand I knew this would be a good one....” Read full tasting note

From Zen Tea Life

Pungent, cool, fresh, menthol. Infused leaf is bright green, tending yellowish. This peppermint comes from the northwestern United States. The pure, moist mountain air of the spring and early summer growing season gives this peppermint some of the highest volatile oil counts of any member of the mint family. Generally the second cut (takes place during mid/end August) is the most flavorful, coolest and most pungent. Quite often peppermint is consumed after meals as the oils stimulate the flow of bile to the stomach and helps relieve gas pains. Additionally, it has been reported that peppermint sweetens the breath and calms digestive system, plus it helps hearburn, stomach ache and nausea.

Origin : Washington State, USA
Preparation : 1 heaping teaspoon, 95C(203F) water, 5min

About Zen Tea Life View company

1 Tasting Note

By smelling the dry leaf beforehand I knew this would be a good one. This is one of the freshest – if not the freshest – peppermint teas I’ve ever had. It’s so strong, it’s as if I had been chewing a Dentyne Ice gum (which is my go-to gum for mint power). I even feel the cooling effect in the throat. I’m keeping this is mind for a re-stock when I run out.