Seems like I got this FOREVER ago from Rachel Sincere! Thanks very much!

This is a nice, bold Yunnan black with lots of black peppercorn flavor, and a bit of yam and sugarcane. The leaves are sort of medium sized for a Yunnan black, and mostly chocolate brown/black in color with some golden buds mixed in.

I’ve been blending it with Fengqing dian hong, which is milder and yamier, and it makes a for a nice balance of flavor.

Brewing this in my new(ish) yixing, and I’ve had to use about double the amount of tea that I normally would. So far its still sucking up a LOT of the flavor, more than my other two did. The side effect of using so much tea is a major caffeine high, which, admittedly is pretty nice when studying for exams :)

My name is Thomas,

I’m a long time coffee and tea lover, but only started my journey into the world of loose leaf and high quality teas about six years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and roasted oolongs, but really enjoy greens when they’re fresh. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently working on a degree in nursing.

Other than tea I’m a nature lover, guitar picker, and unabashed nerd.

My Rating Scale: