drank 2014 New Amerykah 2 by White 2 Tea

From the Pu TTB:

Starts off super clean and refreshing. Moderate bitterness and florals. Notes of honey, rock sugar, and clorophyll. Actually more than moderate bitterness. Later steeps reveal hints of dry white wine and sandalwood. I enjoyed this one a lot, definitely among my top young sheng.

Flavors: Floral, Green, Honey, Mineral, White Wine

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
aardvarkcheeselog

I drank this one prepared to find it super-bitter, and later realized I’d been reading notes about a previous year’s version. I thought this was pretty sweet.

tperez

Yeah definitely not as super bitter as I was expecting, but still more than average I think

Comments

aardvarkcheeselog

tperez

My name is Thomas,

I’m a long time coffee and tea lover, but only started my journey into the world of loose leaf and high quality teas around 2011.

My favorites are pu’erhs, hong cha, and roasted oolongs, but really enjoy greens when they’re fresh. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently working on a degree in nursing.

Other than tea I’m a nature lover, guitar picker, and unabashed nerd.

Started a blog in February 2018: