drank 2014 New Amerykah 2 by White 2 Tea

From the Pu TTB:

Starts off super clean and refreshing. Moderate bitterness and florals. Notes of honey, rock sugar, and clorophyll. Actually more than moderate bitterness. Later steeps reveal hints of dry white wine and sandalwood. I enjoyed this one a lot, definitely among my top young sheng.

Flavors: Floral, Green, Honey, Mineral, White Wine

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
aardvarkcheeselog

I drank this one prepared to find it super-bitter, and later realized I’d been reading notes about a previous year’s version. I thought this was pretty sweet.

tperez

Yeah definitely not as super bitter as I was expecting, but still more than average I think

Comments

aardvarkcheeselog

tperez

Hi, my name is Thomas
*(Hi, Thomas!)*
And I’ve been addicted to fine tea since 2011
*(Woohoo!)*

My favorites are pu’erhs, hong cha, and roasted oolongs, but really enjoy greens when they’re fresh. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently working on a degree in nursing.

Other than tea I love the outdoors, playing guitar, making ceramics, building things, gardening, and I aspire to keep bees some day when my living situation allows for it.

I started a blog in February 2018:
TheMellifiedCup.Wordpress.com

When I give a tea a numerical rating it’s simply meant to reflect a balance of how well I enjoyed the tea and how it compares to others of the same style. I don’t follow any universal rating criteria, and my ratings are mainly meant for my own use, to remember what I though of a tea and if I want to repurchase.

Clearwater, FL