I love fresh spring greens! While most of the year I prefer to drink darker teas, tis the season for the lightly oxidized. I got a few in my Yunnan Sourcing order, and have a few more coming from Teavivre sometime this week.

The leaves are fresh and soft with lots of silvery buds. Brews almost clear with a light floral and vegetal aroma. The taste is light, fresh, and mineral with notes of edamame, chestnut, and milder mushrooms like oyster or enoki. It’s somewhat sweet and feels round in the mouth. A very enjoyable green, especially when it’s so recently picked.

Flavors: Chestnut, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Sweet, Umami

180 °F / 82 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

Hi, my name is Thomas
*(Hi, Thomas!)*
And I’ve been addicted to fine tea since 2011
*(Woohoo!)*

My favorites are pu’erhs, hong cha, and roasted oolongs, but really enjoy greens when they’re fresh. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently working on a degree in nursing.

Other than tea I love the outdoors, playing guitar, making ceramics, building things, gardening, and I aspire to keep bees some day when my living situation allows for it.

I started a blog in February 2018:
TheMellifiedCup.Wordpress.com

When I give a tea a numerical rating it’s simply meant to reflect a balance of how well I enjoyed the tea and how it compares to others of the same style. I don’t follow any universal rating criteria, and my ratings are mainly meant for my own use, to remember what I though of a tea and if I want to repurchase.

Clearwater, FL