drank Maui Madness by DAVIDsTEA

This tea is making me rethink my DavidsTea purchases, and unfortunately not in a good way. So many of their blends that sound amazing iced have overpowering artificial sweetener going on, and it really ruins it for me. I got this one in the summer seasonal box.

The smell is fantastic. I’d wear a perfume with this scent (and I think I have a few that get close). It’s a bold, citrus punch with a hint of sweet.

I brewed this one iced. It was weak and pale, so I revisited with some extra tea & steeping. I still couldn’t do it. It reminded me of taking an iced passionfruit tea from Starbucks, ruining it with sweetener, and then watering it down so you couldn’t taste the fruit anymore.

My partner enjoyed it enough to finish the pitcher, or it would have gone down the drain.

Flavors: Artificial, Sweet

Mom of 2 (ages 8 & 2) and lecturer in California.
Great at buying tea, good at drinking tea, bad at timely reviews. Drawn to fruit, floral, spice, and flavored teas in general; prefer those that stand well without milk or sweetener.

I don’t rate with every cup of tea; I rate when a package is finished as I’m deciding whether to reorder.

I think of my ratings as letter grades.
90-100 A: loved it; want to rebuy immediately so I have it on hand
80-89 B: tasty; would pick it up again but okay to wait until I get through other teas
70-79 C: good; could grab with a good deal
60-69 D: okay; would keep in a set but probably would not repurchase on its own
0-59 F: various shades of bad; would not purchase; closer to 0 means may not even drink again if offered