Looking for a specific tea infuser

My wife and I were on a river cruise last month. In the dining room, they served the morning tea using a tea infuser that my wife fell in love with. It is a perforated metal cylinder along with a ceramic tube of similar length to hold the infuser after use. I have been looking all over the internet and have not found one. Any ideas where I might find it?

7 Replies

What you’re describing sounds like the Forlife brew basket, which should come with a lid that doubles as a drip tray. http://www.amazon.com/FORLIFE-Brew—-Mug-Extra-Fine-Infuser/dp/B001JPA3Y8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416155425&sr=8-1&keywords=forlife+infuser

I don’t know anything that sounds like this particular ceramic holder, but there’s this: http://www.amazon.com/FORLIFE-Extra-fine-Infuser-Porcelain-Dish/dp/B001JP1KPO/ref=pd_sim_k_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QXTRK1CMN3DEE30AKHW

Login or sign up to post a message.

Nicole said

Are you looking for more of a stick type of infuser? Is that what you are meaning by cylinder? Like this:http://www.amazon.com/Oggi-Stainless-Steel-Stick-Infuser/dp/B002ZW7QSK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416158424&sr=8-3&keywords=stick+tea+infuser

Or is the basket that adagio breeze linked to more what you mean?

I can’t think of one with a ceramic tube shaped holder. There are these: https://www.teaforte.com/store/tea-accessories/other/luci-loose-tea-infuser/

Login or sign up to post a message.

Were you on a Scandinavian cruise? There is a Danish design that has a strainer that fits into a sleek vacuum mug. The cylinder with this strainer is not ceramic, though.

And then there are ceramic cups with stainless infuser baskets such as:

I’d be really curious to learn of the item once you find it. Good luck!

Login or sign up to post a message.

Thank you all for the replies, but none of these are what she used. The closest was the Oggi Stainless Steel Stick infuser. Imagine something similar to that, but having a ceramic holder that the infuser would slip into after steeping the tea.

If anyone else has some thoughts, please let me know.

In the meantime, I am going to reach out to Uniworld Cruise Lines to see if they might know where I can find what they provided in their dining room.

Login or sign up to post a message.

Lindsay said

Have you done a google image search for “stick tea infuser” (or something similar) and just scrolled through all the results?

Login or sign up to post a message.

Hi Lindsay:

I did do that – looked at about 100 pictures. Nothing like it.
I did send a message to Uniworld Cruise Lines. I am hoping to hear back from them. I asked them where they got it – or at least, to send me a picture of it so I can post it. I will keep this board informed of my progress.
Thanks everyone!

Login or sign up to post a message.

Login or sign up to post a message.

Login or sign up to leave a comment.