A very interesting tea indeed. This one was a request from my husband. I’m not honestly sure that I would have picked it up but I’m finding myself liking it more then I thought.

Although I have to be honest I think the best part of this tea is the dry smell. When you open the tin the smell over powers everything else, but in a good way. A good Christmas tea. The smell when steeped is quite a bit more toned down but still lovely. If I hadn’t read the other tasting notes I wouldn’t have guessed there was hibiscus. I don’t think it’s that over powering of a flavor but it’s definitely there. I’ve added a bit of honey and oddly enough I don’t feel like it’s changed the flavor at all!

For those of you who are wondering what my husband thinks: he enjoys it. Says its quite good.

Stay at home mom of two kids. I’ve been drinking tea for quite awhile but figured now that my studies don’t have to reside on my job I can study up on tea. There is so much to learn!

Lately my tastes have been leaning toward unflavored blacks like Big Red Robe and Amba Thieves. I have a special place in my heart for greens though; especially Genmaicha.

I am a tea consultant for Tea Queens and Steeped Tea but I’m not good at pushing sales or home parties… But I do love to talk tea so if you have questions I would love to talk tea!

Minnesota