White Shark Chai

Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From David Rio

To enhance our Endangered Species Line, we created White Shark Chai™, David Rio’s latest, groundbreaking innovation: the very first ever white tea chai latte blend. White Shark Chai™ combines quality Bai Mudan white tea, organic spices, with a gentle bite of black pepper to complement the bright citrus notes. White Shark Chai™, distinctly different from the rest of our Endangered Species line, draws attention to our marine neighbors of the Farallon Islands, 26 miles off the coast of San Francisco.

David Rio chose the Great White Shark as its newest hero not only because of the connection to the Farallon Islands, but to raise awareness to the human hostility that destroys their populations. David Rio is proud to be donating to the Greater Farallones Association’s White Shark Stewardship Project to support the protection and conservation of the shark population that migrate to the underwater national park known as the Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary, and to ensure it remains an ecologically diverse ocean environment for all other species.

White Shark Chai™
Price$10.95

About David Rio View company

1 Tasting Note

It’s been a while since I explored anything from David Rio – years, in fact. I’m happy to see that they still seem to be doing pretty well though; I’ve always really loved their endangered animal species angel…

I don’t think this tea existed the first time I dove into their line up – but it’s something that I totally would have been interested in at the time. Drinking it now, mixed into hot frothed milk, and… I think I had forgotten just how sweet this one tastes. It’s not bad though; just MIGHTY rich. As a not overly big Chai drinker I am of course driven to this sweeter sort of flavour – it’s softer on the spice, decadent/indulgent, and creamy as fuck. So, basically like a sugar chai!? Not really a chai for a chai drinkers but something more in line for someone like me who isn’t really all that into chai in the first place.

Also, I feel like I detected a citrus note too, and I loved that little aspect in the cup.

So if this the highest quality chai tea in the world? Oh heck no. However, it definitely works for what it’s intended for – a sweet, instant chai that is probably more for someone who isn’t a typical chai tea drinker.