Sweet Lime

White Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Green Tea, Lime, Mango, Natural Lime Flavor, White Tea
Citrusy, Floral, Lime, Sour, Pleasantly Sour, Candy, Artificial, Summer, Sweet, Mango
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “This is one of my very first teas I picked up from DT years ago, so I have a soft spot for it. I love it hot, but cold brewed it yesterday and it’s good that way too. Bright lime, sour candy notes,...” Read full tasting note
  • “The lime flavor seems to sink to the bottom, making the dregs of the tea unpleasantly intense and sour, but if you stir it properly it’s a nice light flavor. Very summery, good iced. I will say...” Read full tasting note
  • “To me the dry leaf smells somewhat off, but it tastes absolutely out of this world. It’s a go-to tea for me when I’m craving something sweet and citrusy (which happens frequently, 150g of this one...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tea lemonade. I mean, doing this one as a lemonade was inevitable. This just seems like such an obvious pairing, while not falling into the trap that I think a more obviously lemon flavour tea...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking for a new way to cool down? Try this sweet, citrusy blend of white tea, green tea, lime and mango. Fresh, fruity and tangy, it tastes just like a cool glass of fresh-squeezed limeade – with a rich, exotic hint of mango. Try it on ice with rum and fresh mint for the ultimate mojito, or sweeten it with agave and freeze it into the most refreshing ice pops ever. The possibilities are endless.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is one of my very first teas I picked up from DT years ago, so I have a soft spot for it. I love it hot, but cold brewed it yesterday and it’s good that way too. Bright lime, sour candy notes, citrusy and a little floral: it also acts like a lemon tea in that it just makes me feel better. I’m going to try the traditional way of iced tea with extra leaf next (I just used a tea bag in a cup to cold brew) but this is just such a utility player for me. I’ll always keep it around.

Flavors: Citrusy, Floral, Lime, Sour

The lime flavor seems to sink to the bottom, making the dregs of the tea unpleasantly intense and sour, but if you stir it properly it’s a nice light flavor. Very summery, good iced. I will say though that you can’t taste the mango at all.

Flavors: Lime, Pleasantly Sour

To me the dry leaf smells somewhat off, but it tastes absolutely out of this world. It’s a go-to tea for me when I’m craving something sweet and citrusy (which happens frequently, 150g of this one usually only lasts about two months and I own probably 20kg of loose tea). When brewed the flavour is very light, with only a slight white tea aftertaste. The tea isn’t astringent whatsoever, with the dominant flavour being that of sweet lime candy and a slight mango flavour. This isn’t a tea I would ever call complex; it’s actually very one-dimensional, but that’s not always a bad thing. It performs equally well hot, iced, and cold-steeped. If you get the chance, definitely try it out!

Flavors: Candy, Lime, Sour

Tea lemonade.

I mean, doing this one as a lemonade was inevitable. This just seems like such an obvious pairing, while not falling into the trap that I think a more obviously lemon flavour tea would; IE. the taste of the tea blending too well with the lemonade and the flavour differences being indistinguishable. Basically this tastes like really good Limeade, with the bonus of there being some caffeine content. It’s not fancy or nuanced; just a really nice 50/50 mash up of lemon and lime that’s not too tart or too sweet but still has really good tanginess.

I tried this tea iced and did not like it. It left a bad after taste in my mouth and tasted somewhat artificial.

This was a free tea that I had iced in-store. I hardly ever get tea to go because I usually am heading home right after, so why would I pay extra to have them brew it there! It is convenient though, especially if you were going there on your lunch break or something. I am rambling…

Lime is ok for me, not one of my favourite flavourings, but something I don’t mind with chicken or black beans or something like that. I do enjoy the Lime Gelato tea occasionally though. This was ok. It was sweet enough that I feel it didn’t need sweetener. The mango could have been a little bit more prominent.

Overall, it is a decent tea, but I prefer Lime Gelato (and it’s cheaper too).

I was just working on a text and I suddenly found it. The taste of this tea. I FOUND IT. It has the taste of a green flat lollipop. Without the sugar, of course. I could say it tastes like a childhood Halloween. I was always SO happy when I could get rare candy colors in my bag. Green was one of them, along with the pink and whites. Red, orange and yellow were way too common. It’s like a boring common item in a video game. I could recommend this tea if you like green lollipops. That’s about it. Green lollipops. But it can be cool, you know, when you feel like eating candies.

Flavors: Artificial, Candy

Ok before I get into the review, I find it odd that the official tasting note mentions “artificial” and yet on their website, it lists nothing of the sort in ingredients.
That said there is something a little fake tasting in the tea, but it didn’t put me off much.
I didn’t find anything especially memorable, and I did buy my cuppa iced and found it super easy to drink. It was gone in ten minutes. There was certainly a lime/fruit element, though any white tea flavour was entirely overshadowed. Also I found it a bit sweet, almost as if sugar had been added to my cup, but I never asked them to do that so maybe it was just the fruity component. Also, I noticed a particular spicy note that I find in a lot of citrus herbal type blends. No idea if I’m the only one who feels this way but its almost a little musty in a way, but with a citrus tang to it.
So while I didn’t mind my cup, and I’d have it again, I’ll definitely be sampling a few more options before coming back round to this!

Lately I’ve been craving iced teas when I’m on the go on my own in the city and I’ve learned the hard way that bringing tea with me when I have bags and whatnot to carry is a terrible idea. If I’m with someone who drives then fine, but otherwise I’m stuck buying beverages or just bringing water. I never leave my waterbottle behind… somehow its only the tea related ones that get lost!! shrugs
Bah.

keychange

I also find that asking people to make your tea iced makes it less prone to being screwed up, which makes my life easier because few people make tea the way you make it for yourself, ya know? or am I the only one who thinks like that?

Indigobloom

Yep I know what you mean Keychange! I’m kinda picky though. A lot of teas in iced form just fall flat for me, even though I’ve been craving them lately. Leads to a few disappointing cuppas heh

Very artificial, wish it was more like lime gelato without the creamy flavor.

Wonderful summer iced tea. Perfect for anyone who likes lime jello. Very refreshing. Somewhat artificial taste. Overall not bad would recommend for iced tea.

Flavors: Artificial, Lime, Summer, Sweet