Sweet Lime

White Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Green Tea, Lime, Mango, Natural Lime Flavor, White Tea
Lime, Pleasantly Sour, Candy, Sour, Artificial, Summer, Sweet, Mango
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking for a new way to cool down? Try this sweet, citrusy blend of white tea, green tea, lime and mango. Fresh, fruity and tangy, it tastes just like a cool glass of fresh-squeezed limeade – with a rich, exotic hint of mango. Try it on ice with rum and fresh mint for the ultimate mojito, or sweeten it with agave and freeze it into the most refreshing ice pops ever. The possibilities are endless.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The lime flavor seems to sink to the bottom, making the dregs of the tea unpleasantly intense and sour, but if you stir it properly it’s a nice light flavor. Very summery, good iced. I will say though that you can’t taste the mango at all.

Flavors: Lime, Pleasantly Sour

To me the dry leaf smells somewhat off, but it tastes absolutely out of this world. It’s a go-to tea for me when I’m craving something sweet and citrusy (which happens frequently, 150g of this one usually only lasts about two months and I own probably 20kg of loose tea). When brewed the flavour is very light, with only a slight white tea aftertaste. The tea isn’t astringent whatsoever, with the dominant flavour being that of sweet lime candy and a slight mango flavour. This isn’t a tea I would ever call complex; it’s actually very one-dimensional, but that’s not always a bad thing. It performs equally well hot, iced, and cold-steeped. If you get the chance, definitely try it out!

Flavors: Candy, Lime, Sour

So after I finished my Cucumber Citron that I’d brought with me for the bus ride to DT, and after my matcha shot, I realized that I now had a carry mug full of lemon slices that weren’t doing anything but sitting there so I asked everyone who was working for a suggestion of something that would work well with the extra lemon slices and we decided on Sweet Lime.

So, on the bus ride home I enjoyed a second lemon infused tea – and iced Sweet Lime. Compared to the Cucumber Citron this didn’t work as well for me. I think that’s because this is already a REALLY citrus heavy tea, and the addition of even more citrus/lemon made it feel very ‘one note’. That said, that ‘one note’ flavour was pretty nice. I guess technically it was two note, because it was totally both lime flavoured and lemony. A little more sour/acidic than this normally is; but not tart or unpleasant. You could just tell it was natural lemon notes/lemon juice and not flavouring. I wouldn’t waste another lemon to drink it again because it wasn’t that good, but it wasn’t bad either.

I tried this tea iced and did not like it. It left a bad after taste in my mouth and tasted somewhat artificial.

This was a free tea that I had iced in-store. I hardly ever get tea to go because I usually am heading home right after, so why would I pay extra to have them brew it there! It is convenient though, especially if you were going there on your lunch break or something. I am rambling…

Lime is ok for me, not one of my favourite flavourings, but something I don’t mind with chicken or black beans or something like that. I do enjoy the Lime Gelato tea occasionally though. This was ok. It was sweet enough that I feel it didn’t need sweetener. The mango could have been a little bit more prominent.

Overall, it is a decent tea, but I prefer Lime Gelato (and it’s cheaper too).

I was just working on a text and I suddenly found it. The taste of this tea. I FOUND IT. It has the taste of a green flat lollipop. Without the sugar, of course. I could say it tastes like a childhood Halloween. I was always SO happy when I could get rare candy colors in my bag. Green was one of them, along with the pink and whites. Red, orange and yellow were way too common. It’s like a boring common item in a video game. I could recommend this tea if you like green lollipops. That’s about it. Green lollipops. But it can be cool, you know, when you feel like eating candies.

Flavors: Artificial, Candy

Ok before I get into the review, I find it odd that the official tasting note mentions “artificial” and yet on their website, it lists nothing of the sort in ingredients.
That said there is something a little fake tasting in the tea, but it didn’t put me off much.
I didn’t find anything especially memorable, and I did buy my cuppa iced and found it super easy to drink. It was gone in ten minutes. There was certainly a lime/fruit element, though any white tea flavour was entirely overshadowed. Also I found it a bit sweet, almost as if sugar had been added to my cup, but I never asked them to do that so maybe it was just the fruity component. Also, I noticed a particular spicy note that I find in a lot of citrus herbal type blends. No idea if I’m the only one who feels this way but its almost a little musty in a way, but with a citrus tang to it.
So while I didn’t mind my cup, and I’d have it again, I’ll definitely be sampling a few more options before coming back round to this!

Lately I’ve been craving iced teas when I’m on the go on my own in the city and I’ve learned the hard way that bringing tea with me when I have bags and whatnot to carry is a terrible idea. If I’m with someone who drives then fine, but otherwise I’m stuck buying beverages or just bringing water. I never leave my waterbottle behind… somehow its only the tea related ones that get lost!! shrugs
Bah.

keychange

I also find that asking people to make your tea iced makes it less prone to being screwed up, which makes my life easier because few people make tea the way you make it for yourself, ya know? or am I the only one who thinks like that?

Indigobloom

Yep I know what you mean Keychange! I’m kinda picky though. A lot of teas in iced form just fall flat for me, even though I’ve been craving them lately. Leads to a few disappointing cuppas heh

Very artificial, wish it was more like lime gelato without the creamy flavor.

Wonderful summer iced tea. Perfect for anyone who likes lime jello. Very refreshing. Somewhat artificial taste. Overall not bad would recommend for iced tea.

Flavors: Artificial, Lime, Summer, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more 5 tsp 67 OZ / 1981 ML

I swear I’d had this before…. didn’t someone give me samples of this? Wow, I’m so out of the loop…

Anyhow, this is ok. Very limey, which I like. Light, slightly creamy white tea. Tasty enough, but I’ll reserve judgment for my next cup, I think.

Plunkybug

This tastes similar to lime gelato.