Green Passionfruit

Green Tea
Black Currants, Calendula Petals, Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Pineapple, Safflowers
Fruity, Passion Fruits, Tangy, Tropical, Green, Pineapple, Rainforest, Medicinal, Floral, Smooth, Sweet, Tart, Apple, Mango, Pleasantly Sour, Candy, Raisins
Low
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Iced a pitcher pack of this today. It’s not bad, mildly sweet and fruity (pineapple most noticeable; I’m not getting any passionfruit), with just a bit of grassy flavour from the base. I was...” Read full tasting note
  • “Great smell, but even with some agave the flavor is a touch weak for me. There’s a nice, gentle quality to it, but once I run out I might not pick it up again if I have an option with a bit more...” Read full tasting note
  • “This one is from Cameron B. It totally smells like passion fruit – very enticing. Once I actually tried it, though, it tasted mostly grassy. It could be construed as mildly fruity, but I’d like a...” Read full tasting note
  • “There’s green tea (very subtle, mostly blocked by the fruity flavour but you can taste it in the after taste), there’s passion fruit, and there’s some tropical fruits (papaya). It makes a good iced...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

A passion for fashion

Want to stay ahead of the curve? Take it from us. Passion fruit is the next big thing. It’s popping up on fancy menus all over the world. Can’t say we’re surprised – its sharp, tangy taste is unique, addictive and totally out of this world. And this all-natural green tea blend is a great way to get a taste. With sweet pineapple, pretty flower petals and a big hit of passion fruit essence, it’s sure to be all the rage. Try it over ice or infused into your next martini.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Iced a pitcher pack of this today. It’s not bad, mildly sweet and fruity (pineapple most noticeable; I’m not getting any passionfruit), with just a bit of grassy flavour from the base. I was careful to steep it at 180 and only for 2 minutes, so it’s pretty smooth, which is nice. Doesn’t need sweetening, either, and is actually tastier when it warms up a tad. However, it’s pretty generic, and there are many other teas I’d prefer to drink, iced or otherwise.

Great smell, but even with some agave the flavor is a touch weak for me. There’s a nice, gentle quality to it, but once I run out I might not pick it up again if I have an option with a bit more kick to it. Despite all that, I will enjoy drinking the rest.

Flavors: Fruity

This one is from Cameron B. It totally smells like passion fruit – very enticing. Once I actually tried it, though, it tasted mostly grassy. It could be construed as mildly fruity, but I’d like a lot more fruit flavor.

There’s green tea (very subtle, mostly blocked by the fruity flavour but you can taste it in the after taste), there’s passion fruit, and there’s some tropical fruits (papaya). It makes a good iced tea, although I find you have to use more leaf than many other teas.

Flavors: Green, Passion Fruits, Tropical

Iced 8 min or more

In store sample.

Yeah, whatever.

Continuing on with my box of sachets I picked up for work: Green Passionfruit! The pineapple in this is lovely. There’s a nice amount of green tea headiness to balance out the more intense fruit pairing, with a rainforest sort of quality (hey that’s a flavor note already!). Unfortunately I probably steeped it at too high a temp: my work kettle has two settings, off and boiling (I try to let the water sit and cool a bit before adding the tea but you never know). It seems like it will go bitter quickly. I definitely want to try this cold brewed at home!

Flavors: Green, Pineapple, Rainforest, Tropical

Fruity, smells great, but I tasted a hint of something medicine-like. May try again at a later time.

Flavors: Fruity, Medicinal

Green teas are not my usual jam but this one is not bad at all. I got it as a sample in my DT order. I recommend a short steep time to avoid bitterness. This one definitely has a tropical flair. It’s sweet enough you don’t need to add anything. Next time I will try it iced. Not one I’d personally keep in my cupboard but was happy to try it.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Tropical

Awful. Boring. Tasted (and looked) like hot water with various garden leaves/grass.

This tea taste’s so strongly of added flavorings, it is disgusting.

David’s tea tends to use a lot of added flavoring in their teas, and usually this results in a strongly flavored, but delicious tea. Not in this case. In Green Passionfruit the added flavorings are so potent and overwhelming that is like drinking fruity perfume. It completely overwhelms the tea, and to the point it is almost nauseating.

It tastes more like they added passion fruit perfume to the tea, rather than flavor.

It wasn’t undrinkable, but the more I drank it, the less I liked it. The more it started to be overwhelming.

The most noticeable flavor is the passion fruit, with tastes of pineapple, and behind all of it green tea.

Flavors: Passion Fruits, Pineapple